Reeuse ( Now for Sale )

5 hours ago, Jerry1975 said:

The stone wall has been bugging me for a while as I just don't think it looks quite right. 

I have been toying with the idea of a forest type backscene or something similar,  I like the idea of buttress and ivy and will give it some thought

Or some arches Jerry, as I did on 'Brierley Canal Road'?

• Informative/Useful 1

14 hours ago, Booking Hall said:

Or some arches Jerry, as I did on 'Brierley Canal Road'?

Thanks Booking Hall for your idea, I have taken the wall out this morning much to the horror of swmbo, I am in the process of rebuilding it and I'm going to add buttresses to it and some moss etc.

I will post a photo later.

Stay safe Everyone. 

Jerry. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone. 

Here is a photo of the improved wall :

20200417_102022.jpg.868e93165dae7892068f2e44df35a611.jpg

It was really bugging me and thanks to some suggestions posted here I have changed it and I think it looks a whole lot better and I'm pleased with it, just needs a bit of tidying up and fitting in when glue dries. 

More soon,  stay safe. 

Jerry. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Booking Hall said:

Definite improvement Jerry.

Thanks, it was difficult to know what to do to hide the fiddle yard exit in a cramped space so the wall was put in and I think it doesn't look to bad now. 

Not to much to do to the layout now, some more detail bits on the station,  add a home signal,  and a few other jobs and that will be about it. 

More soon. 

Stay safe. 

Jerry. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Addition of the buttresses makes quite a difference visually: Probably more reassuring for the people in the cottage below too!

Thanks,  I think they can get insurance now too!

Hi Everyone. 

I have been busy in the garden on the layout and added a shed, vegetable patch and some flowers, I'm going to add some details like flower pots,  spade etc.

I will post a photo later. 

Jerry. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone. 

Here is a quick photo of the work I have been doing in the garden:

20200420_184047.jpg.cc97eadee591791c5eb253ba208d43dc.jpg

View from the other side of the track.

20200420_184014.jpg.bd1d7b84167af57ded4a8d8b14a49014.jpg

Helicopter view.

The shed is scratchbuilt from cardboard,  the bird table is a small piece of plasticard stuck to a cut down matchstick and painted, the flower pots are beads and the vegetable patch was made by painting a piece of plasticard brown and sticking little bits of underbrush foliage on.

It still needs a bit of work and tidying up. 

More soon,  stay safe. 

Jerry. 

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi Everyone and thanks for replying,  likes etc. 

Here is another photo of the garden shed:

20200422_135726.jpg.d5eb43abdc7f0b1f93ea95eb3a175c78.jpg

It was quite simply made from the cardboard you get around ready meals so two for the price of one. 

Nothing else has been done for the last day or two except adding a tree near the bridge.

More soon. 

Jerry. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone. 

I had a bad day yesterday but feeling much better and as promised here are a couple of photos of work I've done to the layout:

IMG_05052020_153951_(2048_x_1531_pixel).jpg.fd16cf192713164cc5007829facdfcfa.jpg

Little tree I made and planted. 

IMG_05052020_154019_(2048_x_1531_pixel).jpg.64dc222d413f2e4fb617ce5e6c7f954e.jpg

Fence I have started. 

More soon. 

Stay safe Everyone. 

Jerry. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

I have lost interest in this layout and I'm thinking of selling it. 

I have been making plans for a new N gauge modern layout and this has taken over.

I have also decided to stick with N gauge so I will also be selling off some of my OO gauge too.

Jerry. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone. 

I decided to sell the layout as I am going to N gauge and modern image for now, need space too.

The layout will come with everything you see in the photos except rolling stock and controller. 

You will get all buildings,  vehicles,  people etc, the layout does require a bit of finishing but nothing much. 

Asking £90 ono.

The layout will have to be collected from the scarborough area or could deliver upto 40 miles away from Scarborough for the price of fuel. 

Please PM if you're interested and thanks for looking. 

Jerry. 

Edited by Jerry1975

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jerry I’m certain someone will get a mighty fine layout. I have bought from you in the past and I was amazed with the detail in the layout I bought. Good luck with the sale.:good_mini:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Jerry1975 said:

Thanks Kevin. 

It's probably wrong time to sell it really ( current situation )but you never know.

Jerry. 

Jerry you will be surprised how many people are still buying, fingers crossed mate.

• Thanks 1