TCS Opens a UK office.

• 1 month later...

As the result of a long conversation I had with TCS HQ yesterday about pricing, accessibility and a number of other things the TCS shopping website may not show the correct UK product prices for the next few days (or even a week or so) whilst they try to make the shopping experience proceed more smoothly for UK and European customers.  Sincere apologies for this blip but I am anxious to improve UK customer access to TCS products by reducing the complexity of on-line purchasing.

In the meantime I would suggest that orders can be made by phone direct to me, using the number on the TCS home page.

John, can you tell me if I can install a say alive on the motor output of a TCS T1 decoder, its an old one that I am reusing for O gauge coach lighting and need to stop the flickering. I have looked on the TCS website but the current stay alive units don’t seem to be able to plug into the 3 pin socket on the chip.

I know that I am asking for information about a very old chip but it appears to be still available on the website so hope you can help? Hope you are recovering well from your operation and keeping well.

regards mike 

Are you the Mike G who emailed me the same question on Jan 21st?  If so, the answer is still the same.

TCS decoders use software to enable and disable KeepAlive, so if your decoder does not support Keep Alive®, it may not work. Keep Alive® supported code for TCS decoders was implemented fully by November 2012. If the date code in your decoder is before this date, Keep Alive® may never enable. CV's 250, 251, and 252 read as the month, day, and year of manufacturing

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 28/02/2020 at 20:20, Crosland said:

Any decent European system will have support in JMRI, hence (albeit with a PC or Raspberry Pi) can support the UWT-100 via the WiThrottle server. It says as much in their blurb.

Does this mean that you could use a withrottle controller with iTrain, by connecting your command station (such as the Digikeijs DR5000) to both JMRI and iTrain?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just a heads up that, whilst the Bromsgrove Models website has now closed, the TCS UK website is still functional.  Having said that I have managed to get the management at TCS to reappraise their sales strategy and TCS products are once again going to be available through retail outlets in the UK.  This process has already started and Digitrains, Coastal DCC and DCC Train Automation should have stocks soon, if not already.  I am hoping that more retail outlets will be added to the list in the next few months.  Any retailers interested in taking up TCS products should contact me direct.

Whilst the stocks of TCS products start to grow in retail outlets the direct ordering option will continue but stocks will gradually be run down so if you are hoping to purchase from TCS UK please use the web address given in the post above.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that it is no longer possible to order TCS products via the uk.tcsdcc.com website but go to Digitrains or Coastal DCC to order within the UK or use the tcsdcc.com website to order products that are not held within UK retail outlets.