Apocrypha, USA

SonOfMike

1 hour ago, SonOfMike said:

have had a go at making some trees that may pass* as Bald Cypresses, complete with Spanish moss. 

* In the dark, wearing sunglasses, with your eyes all squinty / shut and presuming you have never seen a Bald Cypress. Or Spanish moss. Or even better, a tree.

You have wonderful powers of description!! 😂😂👍👍

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...

Wonders will never cease! At the weekend I actually managed to get into the garage and play trains for a bit. In order to substantiate this claim I took a few snaps whilst doing so. The quality isn't great; I'm no photographer and I'm terrible at multitasking, but here they are anyway...

IMG_1202.jpg.190d612c0585207fb8f3cba893d1609f.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

Edited by SonOfMike
typo fixed
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

5 hours ago, DanielB said:

Truly incredible layout. Absolutely superb.

It's got atmosphere in spades. That elusive quality that can't be bought in a model shop or glued on. I can feel the humidity just looking at this layout - fortunately not the mosquito bites I know I'd get if I was in the real place!! 😁👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

It's got atmosphere in spades. That elusive quality that can't be bought in a model shop or glued on. I can feel the humidity just looking at this layout - fortunately not the mosquito bites I know I'd get if I was in the real place!! 😁👍

22 hours ago, DanielB said:

Truly incredible layout. Absolutely superb.

Thanks folks! I make models for my own amusement but if others appreciate them then I'm really flattered. What started as a small inglenook has now grown to be the world's largest micro layout and takes up an entire side of a domestic garage. There is still room for further expansion though...

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1