Realtime Trains - Locomotive/Unit Allocations to freight & passenger services.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Please excuse my ignorance - what's a "l/h" train? Left handed?

loco hauled.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

If its a regular Scotrail service and not a DMU then it must be a HST set (lets not get into whether HST power cars count as locos or not...)

• Like 1

On 11/03/2020 at 13:04, KeithMacdonald said:

Still talking about RTT and freight trains (so hopefully folks won't say I'm O/T)

This came past my office window c.15:50 yesterday

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H04270/2020-03-10/detailed

I was first alerted that it was something unusual by the heavy rumbling. i.e. heavier than the usual passenger services. The loco had already passed by the time l looked out the window.

But RTT says "Train obfuscated" - bah!

Sadly I can't even remember what that type of wagons are called. They are a dark brown (rust?) colour, with a three-part curved roof (that looks like it slides back over itself). Any ideas?

6M53, runs every Tuesday with class 60 haulage. That's the empty wagons going back for reloading

Jo

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, JDW said:

If its a regular Scotrail service and not a DMU then it must be a HST set (lets not get into whether HST power cars count as locos or not...)

Forgot about the 'new' short HST sets - they've maybe just been given a more 'relaxed' timing.

Surprised it stopped at Markinch but not Inverkeithing though. I know for the last few years that most Fife stations only get the Dundee stoppers now (even Kirkcaldy, although i think we still get London/Abdn trains), but Leuchars, Ladybank & Inverkeithing used to get everything.

Edited by keefer

• 4630 changed the title to Realtime Trains - GBRf, Scotrail and Caledonian Sleeper
  • RMweb Gold

Just to add that from this evening, Caledonian Sleeper locomotive allocations will also be shown on RTT.

It's also been reported that development work is underway to provide a search facility for a specific locomotive and EMU/DMU allocated as appropriate by GBRf, Scotrail and Caledonian Sleeper, to show what service it is currently working.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2020 at 13:28, keefer said:

Anyone know what this was, I wasn't aware of any l/h trains these days - limited stop to Markinch then no other stops until Haymarket.

As you may have now deduced it was an HST short set. I've not seen one timed as loco hauled before (although I haven't looked at Scotrail services), GWR short HSTs are timed as 90mph DMUs. There is an HST timing load but that won't take into account the improved acceleration with reduced trailing load!

• RMweb Premium

The loco number on Gbrf sevices isn't always updated. 

The Clitheroe Avomouth cement was in the hands of 66767 for a couple of weeks, but was swapped for 66721 on Monday evening. RTT still shows 66767......

• 4630 changed the title to Realtime Trains - GBRf, Scotrail, Caledonian Sleeper and LNER
  • RMweb Gold

For those who may be interested, a further development of locomotive and unit allocations being shown on Realtime Trains (RTT) has taken place.

From today RTT is showing the allocation of individual Azuma units, that's the various flavours of class 800 IEPs, to LNER services. 

For example 1A22 09.36 Harrogate to London Kings Cross

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 4630 said:

For those who may be interested, a further development of locomotive and unit allocations being shown on Realtime Trains (RTT) has taken place.

From today RTT is showing the allocation of individual Azuma units, that's the various flavours of class 800 IEPs, to LNER services. 

For example 1A22 09.36 Harrogate to London Kings Cross

Because LNER (or their DOR equivalent) are on board with supplying the data.  As with all systems it requires input which requires someone's time.

From that screenshot we also learn that a restaurant is available for first class passengers.  Is this still the case?  Or is it pre-loaded data not removed?  Most if not all other catering in most of the country has been withdrawn for the duration of the emergency.

• 4630 changed the title to Realtime Trains - GBRf, Scotrail, Caledonian Sleeper, LNER and Locomotive Services Limited
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 4630 said:

Charter operator Locomotive Services Limited has become the latest operator to publish their train allocations on Realtime Trains:

Realtime Trains blog

The northbound Staycation showed 47593/37521.

Southbound was only 47593 (but 37521 is on the rear as normal)

I wonder if it's because northbound, both locos are powered/manned as the 47 provides ETS on the rear.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Northern unit numbers now appearing in the detailed info on RTT

That’s excellent news. Thanks for adding to the thread.

Tom Cairns has done a really good job of developing RTT over the last couple of years. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 4630 changed the title to Realtime Trains - GBRf, Scotrail, Caledonian Sleeper, LNER, Locomotive Services Limited and Northern Trains
  • RMweb Gold

It would be great if RTT can do a loco and unit search for all the TOC’s and freight companies but I appreciate that some might be unwilling to disclose that information.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, jools1959 said:

It would be great if RTT can do a loco and unit search for all the TOC’s and freight companies but I appreciate that some might be unwilling to disclose that information.

If I recall correctly from a posting on another forum when this was raised, the answer was that it was possible, except of course for the disclosure issue that you mention.  But it wasn’t seen as a priority and if added might be a ‘paid for add-on’ to the current free version of RTT.  I hope I’ve recalled that correctly. 

Most, but not all, locomotive working allocations are available from daily TOPS lists regularly posted generously on other forums.  Although as you probably know, they’re by subscription, so not free.

• Like 1

• 4630 changed the title to Realtime Trains - GBRf, Scotrail, Caledonian Sleeper, LNER, Locomotive Services Limited, Northern Trains and CrossCountry
  • 1 month later...
  • 4630 changed the title to Realtime Trains - GBRf, Scotrail, Caledonian Sleeper, LNER, Locomotive Services Limited, Northern Trains, CrossCountry and South Western Railway
  • RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, 4630 said:

South Western Railway is now the latest operator to include unit allocation details  on Realtime Trains.

And the correct livery of the units which may be of interest for those following the extremely drawn-out process of choosing, modifying, altering and applying the SWR livery.  Given that the 455, 456, 458 and 707 units have short shelf-lives they will remain in Stagecoach-style livery but the great majority of the 444 and 450 fleets should by now be grey but remain blue / white.  Only the diesel fleets have achieved anything like a credible relivery program with all of the 159/0 type done some time ago and some of the 158s also.  But the 159/1 sub-class remains fully Stagecoached.  

• 4630 changed the title to Realtime Trains - Avanti West Coast, GBRf, Scotrail, Caledonian Sleeper, LNER, Locomotive Services Limited, Northern Trains, CrossCountry and South Western Railway
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Effective from 24th May 2021 Realtime Trains will also be showing locomotive allocation details for Swanage Railways services.  Could be particularly useful during gala weekends, when these restart.

Details in this blog entry from the RTT website RTT - Swanage Railway

• Like 3