Bogie wheels misaligned class 158

Matti

Hi, I wonder if anyone could possibly help me understand if this is something I can fix easily or if it needs returning :(

I recently received my brand new, class 158 with sound. Cost a lot so I’m a little puzzled if this is common or just shoddy :)  

the wheels on one of the bogies seems to be really sku-wiffy and misaligned. To the extend naturally where the loco just doesn’t sit on the rails. 

I had a quick feel of the wheels to see if I could possibly slot them into a holding position but, without being fearful I might damage this really expensive model (to me) I thought I’d pop on here first to make sure I don’t damage it further. 

any help is really appreciated :)

thanks!

A1CCCDCC-3BFA-4E80-A6FB-9B618EFE92AF.jpeg

Looks like an assembly fault. There's a V shaped slot where the axles should be slotted in to align with the axleboxes. Neither axle is aligned properly. It could be a simple matter of easing the axle out from its incorrect position and refitting properly, but as you say it's a very expensive model and I'd be more inclined to return it if that's reasonably practical.

Things like this simply shouldn't happen but given the very limited 'quality control' of modern manufacturing where the end user really becomes the inspector I can't say I'm surprised.

Good luck in whichever route you choose.

• RMweb Premium

As GC says, the errant axle should just slot in.

I took the wheels out of my 158 before weathering the bogies.

A finger nail between wheel and bogie sideframe and gently ease them out.

They are a simple fit back into the metal plates - which are also the pickups