Bachmann collectors club and others

TravisM

3 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

That's their new approach, not to announce anything until it is ready for release, they cannot list them on the works report as they would no longer be secret prior to the formal announcement. The result eventually should be their is no works report as everything will either be secret or produced.

It looks like the old method of presenting new range for the calendar year has gone. That said there  is far more competition in the market place now so understandable.

• Informative/Useful 1

If like myself there are any members of the Bachmann Collectors Collectors club who have not received the Autumn 2021 issue of Bachmann times yet. Contact them on 01455 245565.

I've spoken to them  today & they informed me the magazine distributor was having issues with distribution.  

16 hours ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

If like myself there are any members of the Bachmann Collectors Collectors club who have not received the Autumn 2021 issue of Bachmann times yet. Contact them on 01455 245565.

I've spoken to them  today & they informed me the magazine distributor was having issues with distribution.  

Mine arrived just yesterday.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did anyone else's Winter edition of the Bachmann Times have something really weird going on with the pages?

It jumps straight from page 4 (an article about David Lloyd George) to page 21 (middle of an article about wagons).

Also big segments that are duplicated, including some of the announcement pages and the articles about the 47s and the Fairlies.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Did anyone else's Winter edition of the Bachmann Times have something really weird going on with the pages?

It jumps straight from page 4 (an article about David Lloyd George) to page 21 (middle of an article about wagons).

Also big segments that are duplicated, including some of the announcement pages and the articles about the 47s and the Fairlies.

It seems to be OK in my copy; give them a call and see if they can provide another copy.

1 hour ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Thanks, looks like it's just mine then.

Maybe it was a paper jam in the machine that sticks the pages together. 

Will give them a call. 

Not got mine yet. But this happened previously about three years ago. Only a few copies were affected ISTR.

EDIT: Just popped through the letterbox and mine is fine.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

20 hours ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Yes, only noticed when the Fairlies article appeared twice.

• Agree 1

On 05/11/2021 at 00:47, LittleRedTrain said:

Mine was like that too

I e-mailed Richard Proudman who confirmed that it was an issue that had not impacted all copies, was most apologetic and is arranging for another to be sent. He also apologised for the quality not being as high as normal, there being an unavoidable change of printers from all accounts. 

I really cannot fault the quick reply, apology and commitment to fix the issue, textbook customer service.

What I would have loved to see too is a new Collector's Club 03 in N with maybe a unique running number or quirky livery choice, possibly like the 00 one in NCB black livery - ref 31-367 with the flowerpot chimney, it would go so nicely with recently announced NCB brake van, but maybe that's just me being a bit greedy.

Roy

• Informative/Useful 1

On 04/11/2021 at 17:47, LittleRedTrain said:

On 05/11/2021 at 14:32, Widnes Model Centre said:

Yes, only noticed when the Fairlies article appeared twice.

On 06/11/2021 at 07:07, Roy L S said:

Mine was like that too

Mine arrived today - with what appears to be the same binding error.

It has the correct total of pages/sheets, but two sets of pp 21-40 are bound in, along with two sets of the Winter 2021 announcements pp 1-12. (Eight sheets / 32 pages are duplicated.)

Eight sheets (32 pages) pp 5-20 and pp 41- 56 are missing.

Sounds like I should reach out to the club. 

54 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Sounds like I should reach out to the club.

Received an e-mail earlier from Gary Boyd-Hope, Bachmann Collectors Club Manager:

Dear Member,
Thanks for your message. We are aware that a small number of copies of the new Bachmann Times have printed incorrectly, and the printer has been made aware. They will be sending out replacement copies to those members affected."

Not sure if it went to all club members, or just those who'd contacted them about the problem.
Unfortunately it also included the forwarded message (including personal details) from another member who had contacted them to complain!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Not sure if it went to all club members, or just those who'd contacted them about the problem.

Presumably just those members with the binding error who reached out. I did not receive such an email.

I have used the "Contact us" page on the Club members' website, but there was no "auto-reply". (Obviously with the late hour, I didn't expect a reply today.)

Actually it's nice that I received my issue so quickly after people in the UK. Some years back they went with a cheaper overseas periodical service. I don't remember how long it took, but it was many weeks. That was addressed.

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Unfortunately it also included the forwarded message (including personal details) from another member who had contacted them to complain!

Ouch, and potentially something that Bachmann need to report under GDPR rules. It amazes me how often people still do that. 

Roy

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I have used the "Contact us" page on the Club members' website

Form letter received today:

Dear Member,

Thanks for your message. We are aware that a small number of copies of the new Bachmann Times have printed incorrectly, and the printer has been made aware. They will be sending out replacement copies to those members affected.

Regards,

Gary Boyd-Hope

Same as correspondence above. Presumably they have worked with the printers to know which members received the issues with the binding error.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone who was shipped the incorrectly bound Winter Bachmann Times back in November received a correctly bound version?

I haven't.

I'm now wondering if they plan to ship this with the Spring Bachmann Times. I received an email from them yesterday stating the following:

Your Spring Bachmann Times magazine is now in the post and included with this edition is your complimentary copy of the Bachmann Europe Model Railway Combined Volume 2022.

14 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Has anyone who was shipped the incorrectly bound Winter Bachmann Times back in November received a correctly bound version?

I haven't.

I received my replacement copy in about three or four days. Looks like they may have forgotten yours or it got lost in the post like several things which have not arrived chez moi. Suggest you e-mail them and remind them.

John

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JJGraphics said:

Looks like they may have forgotten yours or it got lost in the post

Thank you. My postage to the colonies may be different so I wonder if they bothered.

When I sent them a note in November all I received was the form letter that I posted above, without any individual, proactive response.

17 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Thank you. My postage to the colonies may be different so I wonder if they bothered.

When I sent them a note in November all I received was the form letter that I posted above, without any individual, proactive response.

My membership ran out without a reminder before the last one and when I renewed I asked about back dating the renewal to get it and got no answer. So I bought one off eBay and then over the next month got two copies from Bachmann. Upshot is I've got 3 now, so if you want and are happy to reimburse the postage I've a spare I can send you. Probably worth contacting Bachmann first though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Karl said:

Upshot is I've got 3 now, so if you want and are happy to reimburse the postage I've a spare I can send you.

Karl, thank you for your kind offer. I'll follow up with the club first, presuming they didn't slip a copy in with the catalogue and Spring Times, which I presume will be here soonish.

7 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Karl, thank you for your kind offer. I'll follow up with the club first, presuming they didn't slip a copy in with the catalogue and Spring Times, which I presume will be here soonish.

No problem, just send me a PM as and when if you don't get one. The new one arrived today so they've definitely been sent out.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

With last Bachmann times if I recall correctly 

Thank you.

Was that the "Winter" one - Volume 23, No. 2?

My last copy is "Autumn 2022" (Volume 23, No. 1), which is the one with the club 25th anniversary 'extra' cover page.

Traditionally they've been pretty good about shipping to the colonies but I've no idea if recent disruptions to the mails had an impact.