Manor Announced for 00

meatloaf

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Dapol on the announcement of this long-awaited class! We wish them every success with the project.

In The 00 Wishlist Poll, the Manor has been the 'most wanted' GWR loco since 2015. It was the 'overall most wanted' loco in 2018 but slipped back to 'second most wanted' in 2019... but by just two votes (behind the USATC S-160).

Brian

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 minutes ago, john dew said:

But is Crompton Manor correct or a typo?

Wikipedia and GWR.org show Compton Manor.

IMO, that's the sort of information that should be communicated directly to Dapol, simply so that you know that they know.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, truffy said:

IMO, that's the sort of information that should be communicated directly to Dapol, simply so that you know that they know.

Might be Hattons who got it wrong?  But equally it could suggest that Dapol are at a very early stage and have rushed out their announcement for whatever reason?

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, truffy said:

Sent an email

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Might be Hattons who got it wrong?  But equally it could suggest that Dapol are at a very early stage and have rushed out their announcement for whatever reason?

You may well be correct Mike.......I couldnt see anything at all on the Dapol Site

Kind regards

John

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, john dew said:

You may well be correct Mike.......I couldnt see anything at all on the Dapol Site

Kind regards

John

Fake news then John.:P

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Did Dapol get a tip off that someone else was going to announce a Manor?

I’m not complaining, but it seems to be a rushed announcement on a Monday! 

As @gwrrob has said, let’s see what the mogel and Priarie are like....

• Agree 2

Three cheers for Dapol. Yes, we need to see what the model looks like and how it performs, before passing judgement on it. But that is true of any release, by any manufacturer. Dapol clearly want to be taken seriously: that is, as a manufacturer of accurate models, not just 'toys', so they want this to be a success.

(p.s. - don't forget the 73xx)

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Did Dapol get a tip off that someone else was going to announce a Manor?

I’m not complaining, but it seems to be a rushed announcement on a Monday! 

As @gwrrob has said, let’s see what the mogel and Priarie are like....

Hi Neal
Its beginning to look as though Hattons jumped the gun......I couldnt find any mention of an announcement on the Dapol site and nothingfrom any other retailer...including Rails who are normally very quick off the mark.

Best wishes

John

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Can't see a need for a rushed announcement - Hornby are still 10 months away from their next, Bachmann at least 2 months

Strange announcement - nothing on Dapol's Facebook page, no other retailers have it listed, doesn't appear to be a Hatton's exclusive though.  Have Hatton's announced early?  Or just quicker to get it listed?

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

That all looks sort of 'interesting' doesn't it?

I haven't actually planned to have a Manor, but, can I refuse....?

What I do hope, however, is that the Manor, Mogul & Prairie releases don't change places. However, with the Mogul being at the paint evaluation stage, it would appear that the Mogul, at least, is a fair certainty. 

How the bl**dy hell do I get a Manor on a valley service?

Best wishes & happy modelling,

Ian.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1