Manor Announced for 00

meatloaf

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BR Blue said:

Dapol have an EP version.

A running sample too with decorated versions available to see in the spring.

Edited by gwrrob
spilling
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

I trust Dapol might wish to revisit the blurb's "...to help tweak the sound profile to the autistics of this specific model".

how to upset a few .I've pointed it out directly to them 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Mark said:

Seem to be missing  the fire iron tunnel on the left hand side.

Mark

No it’s part of the metal footplate. Right side of the firebox is all black. You can see more clearly in Dapols video when it’s on the turntable. 

Well this will be interesting to see how the market handles 2 prototypes of a small class. I think Accurascale will have the haulage edge, having a metal boiler as well as footplate, and their correct bogie front will be a plus as well. Will follow both with interest. 

• Agree 2

image.png.7348d8a2e51f75da40b72b99cca04c67.png

Gotta say......my first impression is that looks rather wonderful! Captures the graceful lines and handsome proportions of the prototype, to my eye anyway.

A couple of features I've not seen on a OO gauge RTR model before - the anti-splash sheet behind the slidebars/crosshead (red) which stops oil thrown from the motion getting onto the wheel tyres and railhead. Also, the support brackets for the running plate (green) seem to be represented.

Early impressions very good indeed.

Edited by 7007GreatWestern
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

It's running with the tender as well

Yes but the point is it’s not the manors tender. So it’s tender may have a hook included. By the by, what do these 2 symbols mean? I realise they mean sound but the letters? 

A6001B3B-394B-42D3-A6A1-AEE97831DB5B.jpeg

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Yes but the point is it’s not the manors tender. So it’s tender may have a hook included. By the by, what do these 2 symbols mean? I realise they mean sound but the letters? 

A6001B3B-394B-42D3-A6A1-AEE97831DB5B.jpeg

Manor's ran with the same tenders (for the most part) as the Mogul's - so Dapol only had to tool up the engine.

It means you can spend lots of money on DCC Decoders and sound chips for the Manor ;) 

One thing I'm wondering about, both for the Manor and the Mogul, is how it will look when alongside the competing product.  I'm sure some people, myself included, may want to support both manufacturers and buy one of each.  Will the models have points, particularly the shade of green, that make them glaringly incompatible to have next to each other?  

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On the whole this really looks the part, showing some clear improvements over the mogul, and I'd be plenty happy enough if it was the only game in town. The front of the smokebox doesn't look very manor-like though; the ratio of door diameter to width of ring around it seems slightly off, more like that of a mogul, grange or hall. To me the proportionally narrower ring is an important part of the manor's distinctive look compared to other GWR 4-6-0 classes, and the Accurascale model looks set to represent it well.

I wonder what's causing it? Are the door and ring correctly sized but compromised in appearance by the lip allowing you to prise off the door for DCC fitment, or is at least one of them actually the wrong size?

• Agree 3