Extra tall backscenes, any supplier ideas?

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Dinmore Manor said:

Not been able to find what I'm looking for despite searching. I'm looking for a printed photographic backscene approx 22 inch high, most seem to be 9 or 15", anyone any ideas?! 

Thanks in advance, 

Mike

Late at night to be doing mental arithmetic! But I think that you are looking at a series of A1 sheets. So take a panoramic photo sequence and get it printed.

• RMweb Gold

Sheet size is not important for some printer shops: width yes, but they can print to rolls of paper and make one continuous print. That is how they can make the “pop-up” banners. 

I had a planned layout printed 1:1 like that, all 18’ x 2’ of it.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Gold
On 02/03/2020 at 23:52, Ben Alder said:

Have you tried Art printers? John is most accommodating to one off requests and may be able to help you.

Seconded - John is VERY helpful...…………………….email best method...………………………….

• RMweb Premium

Faller do 500mm - https://www.osbornsmodels.com/faller-photo-backscenes-662-c.asp

Alternatively - 

If you go to - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page and search for e.g. harbour panorama or what ever description you are looking for, ideally you need a file >10Mb to get decent resolution and with that a local printer can produce a print of exactly the size you are wanting. The file may need to be cropped and adjusted to suit what you want.

I am currently having some printed and bonded onto sign board rather than having to glue anything.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dinmore Manor said:

Thank you all very much, I have just this afternoon ordered a custom 24" tall backscene from John @ Art Printers, very impressed with both price and speed of despatch.

Brilliant. 

He really is excellent - have you thought to have them mounted on card (by him) - I've just spent the day refitting my new/replacements and they are great and so much easier to work with - his std card is very thick and IMHO well worth the extra cost...………….. I will post pictures on my topic /thread next few days...………….

18 hours ago, Dinmore Manor said:

Thank you all very much, I have just this afternoon ordered a custom 24" tall backscene from John @ Art Printers, very impressed with both price and speed of despatch.

Brilliant. 

They sound really good! Could you tell me how much they are (including delivery) and dimensions?

9 hours ago, Dinmore Manor said:

18ft x 24" on premium poly rather than paper 47 quid delivered. I thought that was pretty good... 

Mike 

Thanks Dinmore Manor. It sounds quality. Can you post some pictures,when you have time.