4 hours ago, Northmoor said:

share some parts or more often, patterns.  Standards, Bullieds and GWR loco groups do the same; standardisation across GWR types is legendary

A few months ago Didcot was asked by one project for the pattern for - I think - a steam fountain. After a few emails, I believe the foundry ended with orders for half a dozen or more! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Lot of nice rivet detail on the etched sides, the wheels look a bit 1970s Hornby though, need to be blackened :lol:

Yes, and it's going to be a fiddle painting the frames through the spokes - should have done that first.

• Funny 3

11 hours ago, woodenhead said:

It moves - rolling chassis test for the P2 2007

Lot of nice rivet detail on the etched sides, the wheels look a bit 1970s Hornby though, need to be blackened :lol:

That's quite disappointing - there's obvious cogging. They must have cheaped out with a 3 pole motor rather than spending a couple of quid more on a skew-wound 5 pole.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• 4 weeks later...

New images of the P2, going to have a role in the next Harry Potter adventure - it flies and bizarrely they have now fitted it with DCC sound but Charlie sent the wrong sound file and it just makes a sound of a WW2 air raid siren

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Popped in today for a look at the progress on 2007 and took a few pictures...spacer.png

spacer.png

Not a common view of a steam locomotive!

spacer.png

Looking from the footplate into the back of the smokebox

spacer.png

Nuts!

Any chance of posting the pictures direct to here as jpegs... As the don't load properly

3 hours ago, John Besley said:

Any chance of posting the pictures direct to here as jpegs... As the don't load properly

Absolutely. 

I did take quite a few shots whilst I was there. I didn't want to flood this thread with pictures. 

I should add that the guys there could not have been more friendly and informative. Fascinating to see her/him/it(?) at this stage of the build. I am told that they hope to have the boiler delivered and installed later this year. If you are in the vicinity pop in when they are open 

sDSCF0754.jpg

sDSCF0724.jpg

sDSCF0745.jpg

sDSCF0749.jpg

• Like 4