A couple of freelance models that once graced my outdoor railway

Built from kitbashed ready to run locomotives and rolling stock, coathanger wire, plumbing supplies and airconditioning pieces,  some of the numerous models built to run on my railway.  Alas,  all sold now to a friend who chose to keep them all together as a collection.  I must have built over thirty largescale locomotives and dozens of lengthened 3 ft D&RGW coaches built from sections cut from Bachmann Big Hauler coach kits.   Some locomotives are analogue while other are full digital sound.  The sample provided are a tram, loosely based on a Melbourne tram with an American influence,  a freelance 0-4-0-0-4-0 narrow gauge Garratt and a 0-6-0-0-6-0 narrow gauge American style Garratt.  You will need sound turned on for the Garratts.  The videos are hosted on a friend's site who purchased all my models to keep them together. 

The black Garratt running on friend's railway

Finally,  (there are plenty more) a make believe Mason bogie if the company would have not gone bankrupt and had made locomotives into the 1930's.

Edited by GWR-fan
Additional video
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

A freelance narrow gauge Pacific running on my now defunct garden railway.  My You-tube channel is Gscalenut where videos of my locomotives were hosted many years ago. This is not what I had intended but just another idea that I had.  I could not edit out the embedded video.

This is the video I intended to post

D&RGW T12

A South Pacific Coast 4-8-0 Mastodon

A make believe narrow gauge camelback (Mother Hubbard)

Rio Grande Southern #25  (based on RGS #20)

Freelance narrow gauge railcar and tram based on standard gauge prototypes.  Railcar has LGB Stainz drive block and the tram a drive block from the Aristocraft centre cab diesel.  Both ran extremely smoothly.

Edited by GWR-fan
Additional video