Hattons Website Login

Kaput

• RMweb Gold

Anyone having issues logging into their account on the Hattons site tonight?

Was trying to add something to my wishlist and it claims it can't find my account.

Will send them a query tomorrow but was curious if I was the only one.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning Kaput,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues logging in to your account.

I'm not aware of any particular issues but if you contact our Helpdesk team via phone or email (0151 733 3655 or info@hattons.co.uk) they'll be more than happy to help and get this passed along to our IT team if required.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

• 1 month later...

I've just had the same problem, Hattons do not recognise my e-mail address. Which is odd, as last night I received two of their weekly newsletters, to that very same e-mail address ! Will contact them and report back.

• RMweb Gold

They did manage to fix it for me, somehow I hadn't verified my email when I registered and it reverted to some sort of guest thing.

Don't entirely understand how that happened but their IT folks got it sorted out.

• Thanks 1

Do not know if others are having issues but each time this morning I try to open the website I get an access denied response.  I got it a couple of days back when trying to complete a purchase midway through the purchase as the screen changed from delivery address to payment details/confirmation.  The issue seemed to correct itself after I deleted all my cookies but this morning I get repeated denials to access the site.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, gordon s said:

Just checked and their website is down. Confirmed by ‘Is it down’.

Seems to be OK now from here. 

Earlier this week I had more people with log in problems to RMweb than usual after browser updates. Cured by users clearing cookies from their browsers so it's not always an issue caused by the site. 

• Informative/Useful 1

About 10 minutes ago I got the following message

A couple minutes ago it was OK . Go figure

John

EDIT  As of a minute ago I am getting access is denied

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access is denied

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied] [SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)] System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +1338 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +159 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +382 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +307 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) +198 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) +422 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +913 Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) in C:\Workspace\Project Bridge\Shared Libraries\Hattons.Repository\dbHelper\SqlHelper.cs:736 Hattons.Repository.Products.ProductDatabase.GetPreownedScalesByDays(Int32 days, Boolean allOption) in C:\Workspace\Project Bridge\Shared Libraries\Hattons.Repository\Products\ProductDatabase.cs:7986 V6_stocklist_preowned.BindScales() in C:\Workspace\Project Bridge\Web Applications\HattonsCoUk\HattonsWebsite\stocklist\preowned.aspx.cs:95 V6_stocklist_preowned.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Workspace\Project Bridge\Web Applications\HattonsCoUk\HattonsWebsite\stocklist\preowned.aspx.cs:61 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +154 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4082

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3535.0

Edited by John ks

John ks,

that is exactly the message I am receiving.  This morning was fine but then later access was denied.  I am relieved that it is not just me as I thought that there may be an internal issue with my computer.  Thankyou to all for responding.

9 minutes ago, gordon s said:

As Andy said earlier, if you clear all web history and cookies the site will open no problem. Just checked again and it’s fine.

Whenever I do that I lose all the saved passwords for all sites. And I’m an old fart who can’t remember them — hence I then have to go through a right rigmarole to get them back. 

I also tried to access Hattons this morning, and failed. I’m a very long-term customer, but if they can’t manage their site so it doesn’t inconvenience me, I’m afraid they’ve lost my business until it’s fixed. 

Paul

Edited by Fenman
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I agree with the point you make, but I save all my passwords (other than any financial or identity ones) in the secure file provided within my pc. I came to the conclusion years ago it was better to do that than have to deal with the problem you have highlighted.

I always use the complex ‘secure password’ suggestions that appear on screen and never write them down. If I can’t access a site because the password has been lost or corrupted, it only takes a few seconds to use the forgotten password facility and set up a new one.

This isn’t unique to Hattons. IT is moving so fast it’s almost impossible to react to every update immediately. It happens with many websites and clearing cookies is often the easiest way to resolve it quickly.

Edited by gordon s

Re passwords depends on how the browser works - for example IE will show passwords that have been entered in but as have noted transferring them as cookies from an old laptop those transferred ones are not shown. In IE it is Tools > Internet Options > Content > Auto Complete Settings > Manage Passwords. When you click on show next to the password you want to see you have to, on the first occasion each time, enter your windows login details

2 hours ago, gordon s said:

I agree with the point you make, but I save all my passwords (other than any financial or identity ones) in the secure file provided within my pc. I came to the conclusion years ago it was better to do that than have to deal with the problem you have highlighted.

I always use the complex ‘secure password’ suggestions that appear on screen and never write them down. If I can’t access a site because the password has been lost or corrupted, it only takes a few seconds to use the forgotten password facility and set up a new one.

This is all well and good if you only use one device. I access sites from three or more devices. So I use one supersecret password for everything...'password1234'.*

* not really, that's a terrible password!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Fenman said:

Whenever I do that I lose all the saved passwords for all sites. And I’m an old fart who can’t remember them — hence I then have to go through a right rigmarole to get them back. 

You can remove cookies for individual sites,, see https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB