Cherry Tree Sidings

maltins0

Quick update I've ordered in the 6mm birch ply in 100mm strips for making the sandwich frames as I don't have a table saw, also bought 18mm softwood to make the jam part of the sandwich I do own a power mitre saw so can cut this myself so I shall be making a start on the baseboards very very soon will post pics as they progress 

You will notice I've changed the Heading Title to The Name my layout will be known by

My track plan will include just three turnouts but a runaround via a sliding traverser it will be 9ft long by 2ft

wide one baseboard being 4ft long and the other 5ft so no turnout falls over the joint

No more weathering done at mo, although another 16t mineral and a 14t 4 wheel tank wagon are winging their way here hopefully very soon (I like getting pressies from myself)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have been a lucky chappie put out an appeal for some unloved kitchen units and got these ! absolutely spot on for cherry tree sidings to live on (the brown chest is going not part of the scheme) I have been more than lucky I managed to scrounge another set of drawers from same person (Thankyou) So now Cherry Tree will grow from 9 ft to 11 ft will post some pics tomorrow 

27F2EEC3-091C-4B2C-A5EB-F84DFE1C3B95.jpeg

47D08B82-4666-4F2F-85F7-60B08573AC7B.jpeg

Edited by maltins0
Update
  • Like 4

On 11/03/2020 at 15:21, maltins0 said:

Hi Pandora Thank You and Yes I have been looking at their blue 03 :)

The 03 is a nice model, the only fault with it is the printed arrows are awful but thankfully can be removed with IPA and a cotton bud without damaging the paint underneath. 

• Thanks 1

As promised more pics of finished base for layout to fit on last pic shows screws holding plywood down also made a good start on board one’s frames all the sandwiches made just need glueing and screwing together will upload pics tomorrow once completed the frame 

306E6854-E65B-4DD4-B233-D5A626F22212.jpeg

076BEAB2-0012-4A54-924A-1F50BFF46199.jpeg

63BB548B-DCCE-4959-A213-42177C4352F8.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, maltins0 said:

Finally got some track down and wired so Today was first test run and ran without any hiccups :) 

IMG_4777.jpg

the magnifier was for the c&l fish plates phew without magnifying glass I wouldn't of known which were bolt heads and which were nuts !

• Like 1

Was extremely lucky to find 4 Brand New GEM railway products point levers as you are probably aware they are like the proverbial rocking horse poo

Work perfectly too just awaiting some ptfe tube arriving now as other control wires have to pass under other tracks

IMG_4851_Moment.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Quick update , still slowly doing bits installed some buffer stops , then decided to illuminate them so I drilled the lamps with a 1mm bit then 2mm bit and finally 3mm bit and fitted some 3mm red leds , As my power supply is pumping out 13.8v I needed to find a way to reduce the voltage , was going to buy resisitors but I stumbled across the tiny dc-dc converters in pic 4 at £3.09 for Three (a Bargain) So I wired the leds in series + to- etc then needed 6v so adjusted the converter down to 6v output and brill they work spot on and I still have two spare voltage converters :) 

23511E7B-2C0E-4F60-BE35-037B418F3CE3.JPG

71260919-879A-4264-A51E-BCCD4C07CF42.JPG

ACCB890C-A211-4C88-BB60-E721FBC16705.JPG

B8044BA7-A8D8-4761-9CA3-C769607F3F89.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, aac said:

Beware of heat rising vertically from your heater under the edge of the board above. 

aac

Hi aac Thanks but I dont intend having it turned on whilst there its just somewhere it lives when not in use but Thank You for pointing it out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much to report of late , have been boringly busy though cutting thousands of tiny pieces of 1.5mm mounting board to fit between sleepers ready for ballasting , I think 10mmx11m and 30mmx10mm is now engraved into my mind lol , but it will save a lot of ballast being needed  

thumbnail_image7.jpg

thumbnail_image9.jpg

thumbnail_image8.jpg

• Like 2