The Station - Trouble on the Tracks

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

A new 3 parter starting on ITV at 2100 on 12th March.

"The Station - Trouble on the Tracks" is about the trials and tribulations of running trains at Birmingham New Street.

First episode deals with flooding on one of the routes served.

• 2 weeks later...

While of course aimed at the general public, and therefore sometimes light on detail while spending inordinate time focussing on, shall we say, the more colourful railway staff, I did think last Thursday's (19th March) episode was very good in showing the effects of a fatality, on both the people involved and the train service, and the factors that can affect recovery from such sad events, for example the relief Driver being delayed getting to site by road traffic congestion. 

Was that at Wolverhampton on Virgin's last day adb968008 ?

Last nights episode was interesting, if not disturbing; The shambles at New St on the RMT strike day and the apparent lack of any staff from the responsible TOC to deal with the situation was very poor. On the other hand the disgraceful family at Euston shouting 'scum' (and worse) showed what railway staff and the BT Police have to put up with. Finally, I did feel sorry for the guy who had built himself quite an elaborate home under the arch near Willesden, hopefully he has got himself sorted out.

• RMweb Gold
On 27/03/2020 at 11:34, caradoc said:

Was that at Wolverhampton on Virgin's last day adb968008 ?

Yes, pailing down in rain.

Was about 20 mins of filming for that 10 second slot, though she saw her self around 4 times in the show, so she’s happy.

I got served free champagne in a paper cup by virgin on the last train, classy until the end.

56C92C8B-3F32-43FD-B424-CD24E8C62EFA.jpeg

• Like 1