Bachmann G2A #31-481 early crest factory weathered

GWR-fan

I am hopeful that I will still get one of the last of these on the Rails bargain sale.  I do not know how I missed seeing it as I have been through the list several times.  When I purchased last night it was showing last few left.  Shortly after my purchase the site showed out of stock.  Last night I saw Jenny Kirk's brilliant review from November last year and the weathering certainly has improved on factory models.  I had intended a Bachmann  04 factory weathered but after seeing the G2A it was a must have.  I already have a pristine model with tender cab but the weathered model looks like it is built to work.  Still waiting for the store to take my money and process the transaction, still showing as pending. Fingers crossed.

Thankyou.  Rails had it at GBP69.50  (GBP57.50 after VAT).  Postage will be around GBP7.50 to Australia.  Until Kernows accepts PayPal I will not shop there as using my card entails an additional international currency exchange conversion fee.  

Ian Allen (Birmingham) had these at £65 (and the 1F for £55) for months before they closed down late last year, looks like Bachmann had a bit of a large find of them and shifted them at a low price to retailers. Filled my boots, they are a lovely model!

Zunnan,

many thanks.  My Rails order has been processed and money taken so it seems I was fortunate in getting one of the last few models available from them.  Certainly looking forward to receiving it.   As regards other stores I do not go hunting down prices.  In years past I found many stores unwilling to ship internationally or were not authorised for VAT exemption and so I now stick with the one or two that have served me well in the past.