Hattons temp closure to visitors

mpb56125

OK, I'll bite...what the hell does this have to do with Hattons' products (the subject of this forum). Why not post this in the model shop guide forum?

Edited by truffy
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Wickham Green said:

but York might be a casualty ??!?

I hope he isn't ! 

I suppose there are other Mods that could help though ? :pleasantry:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Google analytics tell me about 13,000 people a month do. 

Going even more off topic, is that 13000 people any number of times or potentially one very avid visitor (plus Mods to control them)?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Going even more off topic, is that 13000 people any number of times or potentially one very avid visitor (plus Mods to control them)?

A few nut jobs and me going in 12,000 times to keep an eye on 'em. ;)

It's always an arbitrary thing but is the 'industry standard' of unique visitors but I accept that involves an overlap between those with dynamic IP addresses, multiple devices and locations.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, Wickham Green said:

Does anyone ever read that ?

Maybe more people should.

We would have less threads in the wrong section.

Being in the wrong section makes them impossible to find when you remember having read something which has just become relevant.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

To confirm, we have decided to temporarily close our physical store as a precaution.

All of our other operations remain open including our Helpdesk team, order despatch, pre-owned buying etc. There’s a couple of minor changes to our opening times and I’d recommend taking a look at our FAQ which should answer any questions. 

At this stage this won’t have an effect on the quality of service we provide through our customer service and order fulfilment.

If anyone is a regular visitor to our store we can despatch orders to you - please call our Helpdesk team on 0151 733 3655 or place your order via our website.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

It is a logical progression I suppose - very 'sensible' in view of the locally developing situation.

I'm not one of the 13,000 so THANK YOU FOR POSTING.

Having written that, I've not been in Hattons since the move from Smithdown Road!! ....

Stay Safe everyone and glad that business continues, and care and consideration are taken.

Al.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, truffy said:

OK, I'll bite...what the hell does this have to do with Hattons' products (the subject of this forum). Why not post this in the model shop guide forum?

Well, if I wanted to see a Hattons 'own label' product in the flesh before buying one. The information that I cannot is very relevant

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

As well as the FAQ, Jack sat down with our MD, Richard Davies to give further info on our response to COVID-19.

Hopefully this and the FAQ answer any questions you may have but our helpdesk team are on hand (via info@hattons.co.uk or calling 0151 733 3655) if there's any more details you need.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Of course they do.At the moment there’s a particularly informative discussion on the subject of thieving from a number of model shops.Suggest you take a look.

And post on it as it is one way to give a tiny bit back to those shops to highlight good service etc.

Edited by ruggedpeak
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Cutting through all the waffle, well done to Hattons for their excellent communication on this matter. At the moment the Covid-19 situation is uncertain and a sensible decision has been taken by the company. It must be remembered that the majority of transactions are likely to be unaffected, as business can continue by telephone and on-line. Wishing Hatton's staff a healthy and happy time during the affected period. 

• Agree 3

An excerpt from the Hattons response to Covid-19.  Does not bode well for customers but then I assume that self isolation of staff is of more importance than us making purchases.

Quote:  ".................

We are contemplating suspending service for mail orders. If we proceed with this, we intend to give 24 hours notice. 

The duration of a suspension will be confirmed at the time, but is likely to be between 10 & 14 days. ........"

They are probably anticipating that at some point either Hattons or even the distribution networks will be hit by a staffing shortage due to the virus and when that happens they will shutdown temporarily.

Maybe the distribution networks are going to be diverted towards dealing with helping those who have had to distance themselves from the rest of society though the 10-14 days does suggest something very close to Hattons themselves and does mirror self isolation timescales in the event people get ill.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Can you call near, agree a PIN, exchange, they depose in a defined area in plain sight, you collect and confirm receipt?

Possible option?

Al.

All that just save a £4 postage fee seems like a faff for everyone involved

• Agree 3