Boston Junction

paul forrest

After a few months away from modeling to concentrate on my further education i have now a bit of spare time on my hands to persue Boston Junction . As you can see from the photographs below i have started on the point motors which are Hornby but most are peco insulfrog code 100 , these have been cut into the baseboard and work satisfactory . Another part of the layout which has attention is the station area in where a new island platform has been installed along with a waiting room. DCC is on its way and items have been put into position while alterations commenced.

A new crossover has been layed ner the depot area to provide better train movements , the old plan did not work work effectivley .

Any questions do not hesitate to post to me.

post-2370-127401373133_thumb.jpg

post-2370-127401387717_thumb.jpg

post-2370-127401394432_thumb.jpg

post-2370-127401407199_thumb.jpg

post-2370-127401412578_thumb.jpg

post-2370-127401420221_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1274014243_thumb.jpg

post-2370-127401429241_thumb.jpg

post-2370-127401435521_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

[font="Lucida Sans Unicode<BR>Microsoft Sans Serif<BR>Palatino Linotype<BR>Tahoma<BR>Times New Roman<BR>Trebuchet "][/font]

My latest aquisition a Bachmann class 66 freightliner 66952 runs superb,quiet and can pull 15 mk3 coaches at ease with no stalling. Would recommend

post-2370-127490872511_thumb.jpg

post-2370-127490880189_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul

From my experience Hornby point motors work well with peco streamline but not so well with peco set track as the connecting pins don't line up and alterations are needed.Looks like you've made a good start-I like the blue 90-what livery is that? :)

Regards

Lewis

Looking good, not seen this thread before. Would be interested to see more overall pictures and a layout plan, do you have a link to a previous thread on it or is this it's first time out?

Blue 90 is in a SNCB 'Belgian' promotional livery applied by Railfreight around the time the channel tunnel opened. They also did 90s in DB 'German' red livery, SNCF 'French' grey livery, and a standard Railfreight RFD livery with all 4 loco's carrying the same name but in their respective languages..........can't remember what that name is though and only got the Belgian example myself and can't translate 'Vrachtverbinding'!

Looking good, not seen this thread before. Would be interested to see more overall pictures and a layout plan, do you have a link to a previous thread on it or is this it's first time out?

Blue 90 is in a SNCB 'Belgian' promotional livery applied by Railfreight around the time the channel tunnel opened. They also did 90s in DB 'German' red livery, SNCF 'French' grey livery, and a standard Railfreight RFD livery with all 4 loco's carrying the same name but in their respective languages..........can't remember what that name is though and only got the Belgian example myself and can't translate 'Vrachtverbinding'!

Hi,

The link is below as you can see there has been a lot of alterations since these photos due to damage from last years freak weather, played havoc with temperatures in the loft.

My link

My link

Hi,

The link is below as you can see there has been a lot of alterations since these photos due to damage from last years freak weather, played havoc with temperatures in the loft.

My link

My link

Cheers Paul, looks great.

How did the weather effect it exactly? was it just expansion and contraction? Waiting to do a loft build myself.

Thanks for the translation Cromptonnut.

Cheers Paul, looks great.

How did the weather effect it exactly? was it just expansion and contraction? Waiting to do a loft build myself.

Thanks for the translation Cromptonnut.

we had a lot of condensation due to the amount of snow on the roof so when it started to thaw and then freeze again in the space of a few hours we had water vapour forming on the ceiling which started to drip and damage the baseboards and scenery . I mustthese conditions proberably wont happen agin for a few years ,so im well prepaired for next time i.e to fit plastic covers over the layout like they do over swimming pools

Archived