Where is this? BBC Weather App pic.

Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold

The trailers on TV for the BBC Weather App show a glimpse of station/line in the rain.  It's somewhere that's been singled in the past but I don't recognise it.  My first reaction was somewhere on the Conwy Valley Line but I don't think it's there, so where is it?

rev BBC Weather App pic.jpg

26 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Ornate footbridge supports, road bridge right next to it, possible AWS ramp in the distance for a yellow signal just visible by the RH side of the arch. Current style of "don't cross the line" sign...

I can also see that the 'ornate footbridge support' is a sort of weathered brown, 

there are lots of bushes/shrubs, and it's raining.

But none of those obvious statements helps answer the OP's question!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The footbridge appears to have faded chocolate and cream colouring, so probably GW, or somewhere BR(W) had responsibility for. The bridge behind appears to cross at an oblique angle. States the obvious, but should narrow down the possibilities a bit. I was wondering if it might be on the singled withered arm somewhere.

53 minutes ago, roythebus said:

Rye to Ore possibly? single track with double track width.

It's not Rye to Ore. My 'local line' and none of the stations has a footbridge like that, in fact Three Oaks, Doleham, and Winchelsea don't have a footbridge of any sort.

It seems that the trailers for Weather watchers are often regional - so with the OP showing a location of Llandysul I would suggest starting in Wales. The faded colours of the footbridge would suggest either LMS or GWR both of which would also match a Welsh location.

• RMweb Premium
On 14/03/2020 at 16:21, meil said:

somewhere on the Matlock branch.

The Matlock line is worked as a single train in section, so no signals apart from at Ambergate by the junction to allow the train/unit back onto the mainline. Very surprised no one has identified the location yet. 

• RMweb Premium

I think it could well be the station next door to my my house - Redland.

Redland Railway Station, Bristol

And here is a more recent view which shows the signal whose amber glow can just be discerned in the weather picture.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Redland_railway_station_MMB_09_143620.jpg

Edited by Andy Kirkham
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Wickham Green said:

There's another rail-related picture they've been using in the last few days - a frosty scene with a viaduct in the background - could be the Ouse Valley aka Balcombe p'raps ?

I thought I could just about make out supports for OHLE?  POSS a short section of Digswell viaduct (Welwyn)?