Farish Due Soon

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

I went to buy one in my local model shop last week but they hadn't arrived at that point ....ended up going back for a nice Class 50 that I'd seen, it's going to be an expensive September....and probably October....and November.....and December.....etc. :yahoo_mini:

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Padishar Creel said:

Rails have the 47s in stock and MK2F BlueGrey FO and SO now 'on order' do their first delivery is already sold out.

es grüßt 

pc 

Mk2F FO now shown as being in stock. I'm guessing their email marketing person is ahead of the person who actually books stock in to the shop!

Steven B

5 hours ago, Steven B said:

Mk2F FO now shown as being in stock. I'm guessing their email marketing person is ahead of the person who actually books stock in to the shop!

Steven B

Price has also increased GBP2,50 or so, and they usually eMail when a pre-order price increases. No eMail yet landed in my inbox.

es grüßt 

pc

1 hour ago, Padishar Creel said:

Price has also increased GBP2,50 or so, and they usually eMail when a pre-order price increases. No eMail yet landed in my inbox.

es grüßt 

pc

Yeah, I was just going to say that the Rails Of Sheffield RRP for them was £42.95 when I pre-ordered them about a month ago and now it's £45.95. Have Bachmann made a sneaky price increase sometime this year?

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jonathan452 said:

Got mine from Guilford this afternoon literally as they arrived from Cornwall (5 TSO and 3 FO).

I just happened to be on the KMRC website just now and noticed this.... made me chuckle having read your post earlier this evening....

C8E05247-3C6E-4B9E-8C74-B19B4E78AAB9.png.7e7562b4b89048a2d03415ce1d43d61a.png

• Funny 1

17 minutes ago, JR_P said:

I just happened to be on the KMRC website just now and noticed this.... made me chuckle having read your post earlier this evening....

C8E05247-3C6E-4B9E-8C74-B19B4E78AAB9.png.7e7562b4b89048a2d03415ce1d43d61a.png

Great they are do the SO as well, fits in well into my WHL sleeper! Sorry, no they have just lot the 't' key. :mad:

• RMweb Premium

I was tempted and indeed have hovered over the buy button for a FO on a few occasions to replace my solitary Poole tooling example but the thick end of forty sheets is just that bit too much....

I can wait....

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Wait a while. I'm guessing like the Mk1s the first class coaches will be available in a few months time at much reduced prices whilst the SO and BSO go for silly money on eBay.

I've never understood why Farish make second class coaches at the same rate as first class. Surely making a batch twice the size would make sense given the ratios of first-second class most modellers end up with?

Steven B.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

56 minutes ago, Steven B said:

Wait a while. I'm guessing like the Mk1s the first class coaches will be available in a few months time at much reduced prices whilst the SO and BSO go for silly money on eBay.

I've never understood why Farish make second class coaches at the same rate as first class. Surely making a batch twice the size would make sense given the ratios of first-second class most modellers end up with?

Steven B.

I agree Steven, but it doesn't seem that Graham Farish's production is set up to work that way.

4 hours ago, Steven B said:

Steven B.

If you have a steady hand then the FO would be good for for the 64xx SO or 68xx TSO with some minor paint/decal changes. 

Every release of model coaches has the same problem - too many firsts, not enough seconds....  It is a bigger problem in N as many are trying to make up a prototypical set - whereas in 00 most people run shorter rakes.

Part of me wonders if it is not just a batch issue, but a strategy to get people to bulk  buy and pay a premium for new coach releases.  If you really want them you have to buy them now or they may not be there in a month - in which case you pay almost whatever price they ask.  That might explain why we are paying £40 for an N coach that has no lighting and very few additional new features.

But they do look good, so I guess my wallet will suffer too....

Edited by fezza

3 hours ago, Bomag said:

If you have a steady hand then the FO would be good for for the 64xx SO or 68xx TSO with some minor paint/decal changes. 

In this clip there are declassified FOs at 5m30 on a sleeper ecs. Maybe these are the referenced coaches in your post

es grüßt 

pc

• RMweb Premium

There is a video somewhere of a West Highland Line extension service at Glenfinnan that shows a service train where a declassified air con FO is sandwiched between a Mk1 one and a couple of fuel oil tanks!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigP said:

A clip here of 2f SO (downgraded FO) at the head of the train, with dual braked mk1s inc BSOT, with a tank wagon at the rear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkjw7kssXoU&t=4m00s

It was said (in another RMWeb thread) that the tank wagons were TTV, not TTA.

At the start of that vid (above) indeed there is a train of early mk2s with tanks at the rear.  Given the early mk2s in service up there at that time were all vac braked, TTVs would make sense.

That said, speaking as a driver (although I never worked up there, nor for BR) I’d expect that such a working meant that the 2f SO would have been a runner (non brakes) with braking come from the mk1s and the tanks.

Ok, I’ve never seen the method of work, but can’t imagine why tank wagons would be allowed to run unbraked at the rear ofa train on gradients like that.

Regards,

Paul

The mixed traffic service with the tank would have been air braked. Some tanks were vac with air pipe but I read that the whole train had to be fitted when in public use.

No public use BR standard coaches had through pipes (some NPCCS did). It was not possible for the Mk2f to be unfitted and the Mk1s to have a working vac brakes. 

They did have TTA tanks - I was at Fort William when the 16:05 off Mallaig turned up with the sleeper day coaches and TTA behind a Class 20 (nose first).  It was definitely air braked.

Edited by Bomag
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...