Farish Due Soon

Crepello

1 hour ago, fguy said:

I'm new in modeling British N Gauge and for building my (small) roster, I only choose DCC sound fitted locomotives. So, as I've choosed Era 5 I'm also waiting Sound fitted or easily fitted Warships

For my class 24 and 25 locos I removed one cab interior to make space for a speaker and was a fairly simple proposition.

I've not looked yet at my own Warship, but that might be one way to achieve sound without having to mill the body - unless the latest Warships on the way suddenly turn out to be Next18 then it has to be assumed they are a re-run of the 6 Pin DCC chassis and there is no expectation of a sound fitted version in the near term.

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

For my class 24 and 25 locos I removed one cab interior to make space for a speaker and was a fairly simple proposition.

I've not looked yet at my own Warship, but that might be one way to achieve sound without having to mill the body - unless the latest Warships on the way suddenly turn out to be Next18 then it has to be assumed they are a re-run of the 6 Pin DCC chassis and there is no expectation of a sound fitted version in the near term.

I bought a EFE Class 17 sound fitted by TMC with this solution. I'm not sure I will ever do such a thing  myself 🙄

15 minutes ago, fguy said:

I bought a EFE Class 17 sound fitted by TMC with this solution. I'm not sure I will ever do such a thing  myself 🙄

I was of the same thoughts, then I gave it a go.

It was when I had to solder the wires to the speaker in my Dapol 50 I realised even I with poor eyesight and a rubbish soldering iron could do it.  I also hardwired my 08 and 04 last year rather than sell them to replace with the newer DCC ready versions.

Last night, my cat pushed the clayton from the board to the ground (my fault, the locomotive was on the edge). A 4 feet drop 😲 . Many things are broken. The total price for spare parts is more than the whole locomotive. So I've ordered a new non sound fitted one and ... will make the surgery for the first time

• Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, fguy said:

Last night, my cat pushed the clayton from the board to the ground (my fault, the locomotive was on the edge). A 4 feet drop 😲 . Many things are broken. The total price for spare parts is more than the whole locomotive. So I've ordered a new non sound fitted one and ... will make the surgery for the first time

Sorry to hear about your Clayton, I've been there and fully understand the perils of the shunting cat

Rob

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PeterStiles said:

Well, that's the cat dealt with but what about the loco?

I need to put all the sound stuff from the broken one to the new loco I've ordered yesterday @ a fair price.

Edited by fguy