Exhibition cancellations (not much to do with that anymore!)

AY Mod

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

DEMU still on according to website.

Obviously I will be proved wrong.

Please make sure you read the OP of this topic and/or individual topics.

They may not have had time to update a page.

• RMweb Gold

Heard from Mike Walker that the Cheltenham show scheduled for April 4th/5th is cancelled

http://www.cheltmodrail.org.uk/

Please watch this web page for further information about other shows in future.

@Andy Y could you add to master list pllease? Many thanks

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Now that the Government has announced that all schools etc are to be closed from Friday, I should imagine that there won't be anymore shows for the duration

Hi,

Not closed in England (@NI?) for children of key workers. Even if school caretakers and administrators count as key workers some schools may close due to whole family isolation and also due to amalgamation due to teacher self and family isolation.

Just as an observation after the Basingstoke show was over the school started disinfecting where members of the public might have been.

Regards

Nick

• RMweb Gold

CANCELLED

18th April Narrow Gauge South 202 - Update 

Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers (WNGM) have been closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19.  Today the venue confirmed that as a result of the latest Government guidance all external hirings were being suspended until further notice.   

In consequence of that decision it is with sincere regret that Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers have decided that Narrow Gauge South 2020 is cancelled.

WNGM, the organising team and myself are understandably dissaponted.  I believe that the show we had created would have again been exceptional, with high quality layouts and an increased trade presence. That this is not to be is a necessary result of the unusal circumstances prevailing at present.

The WNGM committee understand that this is a difficult time.  Personally I have appreciated your messages of support and I hope to be able to present Narrow Gauge South 2022 in due course.  Please pass on my apologies and thanks to your teams for their hard work preparing for the exhibition.

Keep safe and well.

Yours sincerely

Tim Couling

Exhibition Manager

Wessex Narrow Gauge Modellers

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium

Gaugemaster in Ford, Sussex, from their Facebook page:

It is with regret that due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation and the current government advice, we have decided to cancel our Bahnfest 2020 event due to take place on Sunday 5th April.

The shop is still open though, hopefully it will remain so too.

• RMweb Gold

Stow Rail in May is also off

As you are probably more than aware now the model railway exhibition world is shut for the duration. Regrettably StowRail is no exception and it is now cancelled. I’ll be in touch if I can salvage anything from the wreckage and see if we can try again sometime later.

Thank you for your support,

Best wishes,

Andrew

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

The Norwich Model railway Show Apr 4th is cancelled..

From their web page..

2020 Exhibition

Unfortunately, due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, we have been forced to take the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 exhibition.

At present, we are hoping to re-arrange the exhibition largely intact in 2021, subject to availability and the support of layouts and traders.

TBH I think it is safe to assume that every 'event' in the UK will be cancelled until the middle of June at the very earliest - and that is a very optimistic view in my opinion.

Our PM yesterday said 'hopefully we will get on top of this in 12 weeks if everyone complies fully with government policy' 

12 weeks is mid-June  and it appears that many people are still NOT complying with government policy yet - I rest my case.

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

TBH I think it is safe to assume that every 'event' in the UK will be cancelled until the middle of June at the very earliest - and that is a very optimistic view in my opinion.

I agree; I think we can now assume that every event before the end of June is cancelled whether or not we have been formally advised of that by the organisers. Even if some organisers are determined to go ahead, I suspect they will end up with one layout and a second hand stall in the middle of an otherwise empty hall!

Erith MRS Chairman Alan Bone has asked me to let it be known that the Robertsbridge Exhibition (which he is involved in the organisation of), due to take place on the weekend of the 23rd & 24th May has been cancelled.

The entry for this show on UK Model Shop Directory already lists it as cancelled.

• Informative/Useful 1