Exhibition cancellations (not much to do with that anymore!)

AY Mod

From the Cheltenham Great Western Modellers Group:

It is with great sadness that we have to announce that our October 2020 exhibition has been cancelled due to the current COVID 19 restrictions on exhibitions and shows. We hope with a little bit of luck we will be back with our April 2021 exhibition.
Please take care , stay safe and we will see you all when our exhibitions can continue.

Geoff Endacott

• Friendly/supportive 4

I have just received an e-mail from the French Ramma society telling me that their exhibition this October in Sedan has been cancelled. However the show for next year is on for the 9 & 10 October. If you are interested you should go to www.ramma.org .

Having done their show three times now I can recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

Notice that the excellent HazelGrove show is another casualty 

Can you please provide a source/link for this and any other?

• RMweb Gold

On behalf of The Elizabethan Railway Society I am afraid to say that we have decided that our annual exhibition due to be held in Kirkby-in-Ashfield on 10/11 October 2020 is now cancelled. There is so much uncertainty over the current situation we thought that it was best to cancel now rather than hope for a sudden improvement over the next few months.

Brian

• Friendly/supportive 7

The following is a statement from our FB page:

“Perhaps you will be saddened, but not surprised, to learn that the difficult decision has been taken to cancel the 2020 Wilmington Model Railway Exhibition. This has been done in the interests of exhibitors, traders, volunteers and visitors as it would be difficult to deal with CoVid19 issues. The Wilmington Show will return, God-willing, in 2021. In the meantime we continue to raise funds through ebay sales - over £2,000 so far - and would welcome donations, both of cash and/or model railway items. Please make contact via this page to make arrangements.”

The decision was no taken lightly given that all monies raised go to children’s charities but safety has to be our highest priority.

Karl

• Friendly/supportive 5

Rhyl & District MRC Exhibition Saturday 5th December 2020 cancelled.

Whilst it may not come as a surprise, it is with sadness that Rhyl & District MRC have had to take the decision to postpone our Annual Exhibition which was due to be held on Saturday 5th December 2020, due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation.

With most other events having been postponed / cancelled, we have to prioritise the safety and well-being of Exhibitors, Traders and the general public, and have concluded that trying to hold a show whilst any form of social distancing is in force, would simply not be practical, safe, or responsible. There is currently no reliable source to say when the requirement to social distance may end, but it is unlikely to be for some time yet.

Due to the lead times in organising and advertising the Exhibition, we had to make a decision on whether to continue planning, with the risk of still having to cancel the event later, after making financial commitments, with advertising perhaps having gone to print already, resulting in confusion and possibly negative publicity for the Club; or to take the sensible course and postpone it now.

We do anticipate being able to hold our Exhibition in 2021, and will of course post details when we are in a position to do so.

Thankyou for your understanding and support.
Stay safe and stay well.

Rhyl & District MRC.

• Friendly/supportive 7

Sad to report that our new exhibition, Leigh Festival of Transport Modelling, has been cancelled but will be back in 2021. 

Link to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LeighMRS/

and below my official post on the Facebook page. The website is being updated at present.

It is with sad news that we have to announce the cancellation of our 2020 exhibition. Due to the current situation it would be unsafe for the exhibition to go ahead. However we are now organising our 2021 exhibition due to take place September 18th & 19th 2021 at Leigh Sports Village.
Stay safe everyone.

• Friendly/supportive 5

On 06/07/2020 at 13:26, PenrithBeacon said:

That's a serious disappointment, clearly expecting a second wave.

Well  - not sure about that one  - the curve has flattened  - as ever time will tell - my NHS spouse is still on "Covid alert" for the forseeable but as regards cancellations next year I think it's a bit much - yes I am aware of the organisation. 

7 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Well  - not sure about that one  - the curve has flattened  - as ever time will tell - my NHS spouse is still on "Covid alert" for the forseeable but as regards cancellations next year I think it's a bit much - yes I am aware of the organisation. 

Well I don't really disagree with you and I hope that you're right, but on the other hand it's not our money that would be put at risk by putting that show on, it's someone else's money and they (those whose responsibility it is) are not prepared to risk it and so I feel that whilst we both may think/hope it's somewhat premature, I can only repeat - it's not our money that would be at risk.

On that subject, I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is with regards my own layout. Once things settle down I am planning to hire a local church hall and set up my 'exhibition only' layout and invite friends to come and see it in action - there may well be canapes, there well be cheese, there may well be wine, whether or not there will be social distancing is something we will have to look into at the time!

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Time will tell - as ever.

Book me in for some Cake and Fine Wine.

I didn't say fine wine, I said wine.

One of my operating team has said in the past that he wouldn't clean his car's engine with the wine I buy - 'nough said!

• Funny 4

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

On that subject, I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is with regards my own layout. Once things settle down I am planning to hire a local church hall and set up my 'exhibition only' layout and invite friends to come and see it in action - there may well be canapes, there well be cheese, there may well be wine, whether or not there will be social distancing is something we will have to look into at the time!

And that, I think, is the best way of restarting something when it's appropriate to do so. A group of friends club together for a small venue and friends/contacts arrange to come and chip in with costs for a day with one or two layouts. Your rules, your measures and your terms and you have contact info for everyone in case anything occurs.

• Like 5
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Well I don't really disagree with you and I hope that you're right, but on the other hand it's not our money that would be put at risk by putting that show on, it's someone else's money and they (those whose responsibility it is) are not prepared to risk it and so I feel that whilst we both may think/hope it's somewhat premature, I can only repeat - it's not our money that would be at risk.

It's on  the t'interweb now!

4000 old blokes, (desperate for a rave model railway show), will be descending on on every church hall near you when the time comes.

Err, where exactly did you say you lived?

Kev.   :)

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

6 minutes ago, SHMD said:

It's on  the t'interweb now!

4000 old blokes, (desperate for a rave model railway show), will be descending on on every church hall near you when the time comes.

Err, where exactly did you say you lived?

Strangely enough old blokes are not necessarily the kind of friends I was thinking of inviting

1326859161_2015-06-1619_57.38(4).jpg.a2149b5fdb2fa39fa19ef4bdac512166.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Strangely enough old blokes are not necessarily the kind of friends I was thinking of inviting

1326859161_2015-06-1619_57.38(4).jpg.a2149b5fdb2fa39fa19ef4bdac512166.jpg

That said, T Yakeee, I have to say I do like your guests choice of scarf and bow tie. Very dapper. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Clarity.
  • Funny 2