Speaker for Dapol 7mm ‘Terrier'

Willy

Can someone please tell me what is the largest, or best speaker, to fit into a Dapol 7mm ‘Terrier’?

I am waiting delivery of a non-sound fitted loco and I want to fit it with sound. In the mean time I am going to order a Zimo mx644d 21 pin sound decoder 30x15x4mm from Digitrains but I don’t know the internal dimensions to work out the space available for the speaker.

Thank you

Willy

Willy, both of my terriers have 30mm diameter 8ohm speakers that come from Maplins but now I think I would use the Zimo sugar cubes as they have better sound and I think that there’s room in the smoke box to put one? As it is a long time since I did mine I can’t remember how much room there is. 

A call to one of the DCC suppliers is your best option as they have fitted most RTR locos with sound and the chip supplier you have used should be able to advise you.

Regards mike 

Thank you Mike.

I asked Digitrains what speaker they would recommend but they asked me to open up the loco and measure what space I had inside. (Not easy when I haven’t got one to open!)  I’m sure I seen on another thread about a sugar cube speaker for the Terrier but for the life of me I can’t find it!

Willy