To all our friends,

We are pleased to report that the Minerva Blue Circle and Ferrocrete cement vans are on the high seas and scheduled to dock in the UK in the

second week of April. Subject to the postal service being available, we expect to be able to dispatch the models after Easter, and we will take orders at this time.

This is a limited edition production run. Three different running numbers are available for both vans. The price per van is £47.50 with a 
flat postal charge of £4 per order irrespective of the quantity.

Owing to cancellations, the next shows we expect to attend are RailWells in August and STEAM 12-13 September 2020 at Swindon. The full range of Minerva products is available through our internet webshop, the telephone and email. A normal dispatch service will continue subject to any restrictions imposed during the current pandemic crisis. We will keep you advised Minerva as news is received. Meanwhile, keep well and happy modelling.

Chris B and Chris K

Blue_Circle_01.jpg

Ferrocrete_01.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

Just checking, that the ordering for these has not started yet?  I presume it will just be an online order, rather than an order form, when you do open sales?

Cheers

Rich

10 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Chris,

Just checking, that the ordering for these has not started yet?  I presume it will just be an online order, rather than an order form, when you do open sales?

Cheers

Rich

Rich,

The pallet is scheduled to be delivered to our storage facility in Penarth today. The models will then be sampled for quality and when we are content we will open the webshop for online orders sometime this week.  We are also happy to take orders by telephone, email and letter. We will probably open up the Every individual model is removed from its box and examined for quality before we pack and post it. 

Kind regards,

Chris K

• Like 2

With the production versions of the Minerva Blue Circle and FERROCRETE vans arriving today, I have experimenting with weathering on one of the decorated samples. The result is attached.

Regards,

Chris K

Weathered_Blue_Circle_1.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 81A Oldoak said:

Rich,

The pallet is scheduled to be delivered to our storage facility in Penarth today. The models will then be sampled for quality and when we are content we will open the webshop for online orders sometime this week.  We are also happy to take orders by telephone, email and letter. We will probably open up the Every individual model is removed from its box and examined for quality before we pack and post it. 

Kind regards,

Chris K

Thanks Chris,

Appreciate the update and info.  Your weathered variety really does look good - are you going to give us a insight into how you've done it (hint hint!) or does it remain a trade secret :)

Rich

The Minerva Blue Circle and FERROCRETE vans are available from stock on the Minerva webshop www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk   We also take orders by telephone and email. Please note that sales of the cement vans are very brisk and because of COVID-19 restrictions it will take longer to dispatch orders. 

Regards,

Chris Klein

On 20/04/2020 at 13:52, MarshLane said:

Thanks Chris,

Appreciate the update and info.  Your weathered variety really does look good - are you going to give us a insight into how you've done it (hint hint!) or does it remain a trade secret :)

Rich

Rich,

The weathered van is a custom job. We don't do, and never will do so-called factory weathering that more often than not resembles a drive-by shooting with a can of Halfords aerosol paint from a Lambretta.  My attempt uses matt white enamel with the smallest  smidgeon of green over the top of a light rust wash that has been run into the strapping and around the rivets. The whole lot is then finished with a dusting of MIG concrete weathering powder.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/04/2020 at 15:38, 81A Oldoak said:

Rich,

The weathered van is a custom job. We don't do, and never will do so-called factory weathering that more often than not resembles a drive-by shooting with a can of Halfords aerosol paint from a Lambretta.  My attempt uses matt white enamel with the smallest  smidgeon of green over the top of a light rust wash that has been run into the strapping and around the rivets. The whole lot is then finished with a dusting of MIG concrete weathering powder.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris.,

Thanks for the explanation.  I must admit, I was tongue-in-cheek joking about your personal weathering skills being a trade secret, as I know you weather for other people, as apposed to 'factory' weathering, which like you I am not a fan of.  It certainly looks good - mine were ordered with Chris B on Thursday :)

Rich

6 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Chris.,

Thanks for the explanation.  I must admit, I was tongue-in-cheek joking about your personal weathering skills being a trade secret, as I know you weather for other people, as apposed to 'factory' weathering, which like you I am not a fan of.  It certainly looks good - mine were ordered with Chris B on Thursday :)

Rich

Rich,

It took a couple of attempts on some redundant sample Iron Mink bodies to get the weathering to my satisfaction. It was tricky because they were dark grey. I'm working on a FERROCRETE van with a heavier application of the rust wash. I'll post a photo when it's finished, but before then I must complete an Airfix 1:48 Spitfire Mark XIV to show off to my grandson in the USA.

Thanks for the order. They are flying out. 

Regards,

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks Chris,

Well mine is now firmly ensconced on the shelf, awaiting the arrival of a new layout for it to run on ... its may also have a 57xx Pannier from the Cardiff stable to keep it, and the several other Minerva wagons, company :)

Also I am glad to report that a BCC Portland cement wagon has returned to Portland ... a couple of us clubbed together to buy one for a mate, whose time period is 1980s, but who has put said vehicle on a plinth on his layout, to be looked after by a local preservation group!

Superb models as ever.  While no details were given (obviously) a conversation with Chris B during the purchase revealed more projects to come from the Minerva stable this year, so good luck to both of you with the future ventures.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Afternoon all,

Have just stumbled across these having been impressed with previous iron mink purchases. 

These look fantastic and eye catching in equal measure. out of interest does anyone know why they carried a yellow livery? 

G