High Level OK?

MJI

• RMweb Premium

Got in touch with Chris a week ago, got a reply but nothing since.

Contacted since, no reply.

Called today, no answer.

Is he OK?

Just concerned

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, High Level Kits said:

Hello, just letting you know all is well at High Level although things not running as smoothly as normal for obvious reasons, also I was away the beginning of the week so now catching up.

Currently restocking with gearbox etches intended for the shows which now aren't going to happen. Hoping to get outstanding orders out sometime next week. The post seems OK althought I don't think it's as quick as usual.

Hope everyone is OK... hang in there and don't eat the toilet roll all at once!

Chris

I am just worried when I do not hear, in case someone is unwell. I am currently homeworking, not so easy as less monitors.

Thanks Chris, got the low rider for my 119 project.

I was me with missing steel rod, by chance is it in a plastic sleeve? If so my sleeve was empty.

Spring is usually a busy time, kicking off with Scalefour North, then York, EM and Railex, so we were  well stocked in anticipation and now only waiting for RR+ etches, which are expected this week.

Motors we have are:

New iron core 1215 and 20s (very similar to Canons)

Mashima 1420/24/26/28s

New coreless 1219 and even newer 1320s.

They’re all on the website.

Kits, chassis, hornblocks and other stuff in stock as well.

It’s looking like the post is not its usual, reliable old self, so bear this in mind when waiting for your parcel... and it may yet end up that we send stuff recorder for the foreseeable.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 20/03/2020 at 09:24, High Level Kits said:

Hello, just letting you know all is well at High Level

Chris

Hello Chris,

Pleased to hear your are ok. Mrs GWR and I were looking forward to seeing you at York MRE, but alas, not too be.

All the best from Mr & Mrs GWR.

Edited by Pannier Tank

2 hours ago, Pannier Tank said:

Hello Chris,

Pleased to hear your are ok. Mrs GWR and I were looking forward to seeing you at York MRE, but alas, not too be.

All the best from Mr & Mrs GWR.

Always nice to see the pair of you, especially in your matching GWR  jumpers... and to catch up with all the other customers too. What can you do though!.... we'll just have to be sensible and ride it out.

Hope everyone's OK in modelling land....

Chris.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, High Level Kits said:

Spring is usually a busy time, kicking off with Scalefour North, then York, EM and Railex, so we were  well stocked in anticipation and now only waiting for RR+ etches, which are expected this week.

Ah, naturally the key thing I was after was the thing out of stock! No worries.

Adam

• Friendly/supportive 1

Message to anyone with an order already with High Level, or thinking of placing one over the next few weeks:

We are working our way through the current pile – people are obviously laying down stocks to take them over the lockdown – and will try and keep mail order going as long as it’s feasible. The post is not reliable and we have had a few customers saying they’ve not had goods which were posted well over a week ago.

Now we’re going to try recorder delivery, which may add a quid or so on postage costs, but hopefully will be more reliable with a tracking number if needed.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, High Level Kits said:

Message to anyone with an order already with High Level, or thinking of placing one over the next few weeks:

We are working our way through the current pile – people are obviously laying down stocks to take them over the lockdown – and will try and keep mail order going as long as it’s feasible. The post is not reliable and we have had a few customers saying they’ve not had goods which were posted well over a week ago.

Now we’re going to try recorder delivery, which may add a quid or so on postage costs, but hopefully will be more reliable with a tracking number if needed.

Thanks for keeping the show on the road Chris. We do appreciate it. I presumed you were very buy!

Best wishes,

Nick.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Hello Chris

Royal Mail are in trouble here, things are actually disppearing.

Light shades taken, some alcohol taken, 2mm steel rod pilched.

Multiple complaints in as too many items gone to be coincidence.

• Friendly/supportive 1

I see Chris has introduced a new range of HL Power coreless motors to supplement or replace the ever popular Mashimee motors.  These motors seem more powerful which could be very useful but I notice there is no mention as to whether these are DCC compatible.  A little research on the internet infers that there are some issues with coreless motors and DCC.  As I run ESU and Zimo sound chips I would be interested to hear people's opinion on this matter.  Stay safe.  Duncan

The problems with DCC and coreless motors only relate to old design DCC chips with a low frequency PWM. Pretty much all decoders now have high frequency PWM that is kind to coreless motors. You will not have problems with Zimo and Loksound.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SR DUNCAN said:

I see Chris has introduced a new range of HL Power coreless motors to supplement or replace the ever popular Mashimee motors.  These motors seem more powerful which could be very useful but I notice there is no mention as to whether these are DCC compatible.  A little research on the internet infers that there are some issues with coreless motors and DCC.  As I run ESU and Zimo sound chips I would be interested to hear people's opinion on this matter.  Stay safe.  Duncan

I bought a 1219 back at Scaleforum in September, I fitted it into a new chassis a couple of weeks ago, its super smooth far better than the older Mashima motors its replaced

• Thanks 2

I don't think any coreless motors including Portscape/ Escape motors like any make of feedback controllers, Portscape/ Escape motors are very sought after I think more so for the combination of coreless motors and superb gearboxes

Chris at High Level now sells 2 different coreless motors a 1219 and a 1220, both under £30. The latter apparently is vert powerful. I have one of the 1219 so much better than Mashima's and of course High Level gearboxes are in a field of their own as far as quality and choice of designs are concerned

Many thanks Grosvenor and Hayfield for their informative replies.  I was just wondering whether any CVs might need to be adjusted to suit these motors but of course I can do an auto set-up on the ESU V4 chips.  Thanks again for your help.

Duncan

Just and update eon the post situation. It seems the post is getting less reliable, no doubt due to staff shortages.

I’m trying to limit my visits to the local post office, and they say the mail is only getting picked up from them every two days...and this is quite a busy branch. Some parcels are taking significantly longer to reach their destinations so the turnaround time on orders will not be as quick as usual. Please bear this in mind.

There’s also quite a few of them going astray so I’m having to send them recorded and signed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I received both packets today, the first one was sent over 2 weeks ago, problems at the post office he sent it from including not putting a stamp on the packet, then it took from last saturday for the Royal Mail to inform me they had a packet and needed £2, really not too bothered in these times, the other item was posted on the 30th at the other end of the country first class, given what's happening the more than acceptable, just glad the Post Office and Royal Mail staff are providing us with a service. Thanks ladies and gentlemen 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2