London Road Models - new kits and postal charges

Jol Wilkinson

LRM will shortly be releasing a new 4mm kit for the LNWR Ramsbottom 4ft Shunter 0-4-0 Saddle Tank.

Details will appear on the LRM Website -http://www.londonroadmodels.co.uk

The home page also has details of a revision to postal charges during the Coronavirus outbreak, to support customers who are now unable to buy at the shows that LRM usually attend. 

Orders up to £30 will still be subject to a £2.00 P&P charge, orders over £30 will be sent post free.

Edited by Jol Wilkinson
spelling
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Duncan,

In my experience, Jol is only too obliging - replaced FOC parts missing from K2 kit by return so I'm sure etches would be available.

Kind regards,

Richard b

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 30368 said:

Duncan,

In my experience, Jol is only too obliging - replaced FOC parts missing from K2 kit by return so I'm sure etches would be available.

Kind regards,

Richard b

Thanks, though I would be looking to pay. I will wait and see and maybe do a thread

• Agree 1

Just to clarify matters, I am not involved with the production side of LRM. I have helped John Redrup out for many years on an unpaid basis with marketing/promoting his business, designing kits,helping at shows, etc. (something I believe also happens with many small suppliers who have part time supporters). Living about 100 miles from Watford (where John lives) would make helping out even more rather difficult.

For those reasons I can't say whether a chassis etch is available separately for the L&Y 7F. It isn't listed as such on the website or in the price-list.It will  rather depend on how the artwork was set out (some of the earlier George Norton kits in the range aren't laid out in the most logical way). Fittings on the other hand are usually available, as these are produced in house (cast whitemetal) or bought in (brass and n/s) so are usually available as separate items.

An email to John via the contact button on the website will get an answer, usually quite quickly.

http://www.londonroadmodels.co.uk/ 

or by the email address;

londonroadmodels@btinternet.com

Having recently moved and needing to sort out the new (to us) house) to Madam's requirements and carry out some much needed updates, as well as commissioning a new workshop, planning a new layout around the part of London Road I still own (the original terminus has gone back into John's hands) as well as the impact on all our lives by the Coronavirus pandemic, I don't think I'll have much time to be helping out more at LRM for a while.

Edited to add that I also act as John's "anti -social media" voice as he prefers to spend his time on production, distribution,product development etc. (to use big business terminology).

Edited by Jol Wilkinson
Additional text
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Best wishes to yourself, Jol, and to John at this difficult time. I imagine that with the latest restrictions on movement and requirement to self-isolate the point has been reached at which it is impractical for John to dispatch orders by post.

6 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Best wishes to yourself, Jol, and to John at this difficult time. I imagine that with the latest restrictions on movement and requirement to self-isolate the point has been reached at which it is impractical for John to dispatch orders by post.

Thanks Steve,

I believe John will continue to process mail orders as long as possible, as many of our Small Suppliers will do. Post Offices remain open, although it may be sensible to limit visits to once a week for all those dispatching orders.

5 hours ago, hayfield said:

Jol

Glad the house move happened given the latest restrictions, good luck on settling in which can be challenging at the best of times, let alone when on lock down

Keep safe and well 

John

thanks, we have plenty do do to keep us occupied (the house is sound but has lacked a bit of routine maintenance).  Some of the bigger jobs that required getting a tradesman in are obviously held up. Today's bad news is that the start of the build for the new workshop in the garden has been put on hold indefinitely.  We could have worked around that as the builders wouldn't need access to the house and are pretty self sufficient, but all their suppliers have closed down. Besides, the Government doesn't regard their type of work (Cedar clad garden offices, etc.) as essential, which I can't say I agree with. :D

Jol

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 years later...