Spot the mistake

Not sure where to post this so mods please move it if you know anywhere better.

Spotted this news update on the web with an obvious mistake that leapt out at me so thought I'd see if it does you too.

20200321_082100.jpg

Edited by Londontram

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Londontram said:

Not sure where to post this so mods please move it if you know anywhere better.

Spotted this news update on the web with an obvious mistake that lept out at me so thought I'd see if it does you too.

20200321_082100.jpg

Not ex-LNER for a start, anything else?

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

49 minutes ago, EddieK said:

A friend describes this locomotive as "the great fake..".

That's a bit harsh of him, especially as it isn't claiming to be a particular locomotive that did exist. It's still a Peppercorn A1, just an extra one, with some of its parts built to more modern standards and techniques (which is quite possibly what Peppercorn would have done, were he still with us).

Jim

• Agree 8

On 25/03/2020 at 21:20, jim.snowdon said:

That's a bit harsh of him, especially as it isn't claiming to be a particular locomotive that did exist. It's still a Peppercorn A1, just an extra one, with some of its parts built to more modern standards and techniques (which is quite possibly what Peppercorn would have done, were he still with us).

Jim

I suppose it is not as bad as those pseudo-vintage road vehicles used as delivery vans and wedding cars and the like that were just re-bodied Transit vans

2 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Agreat project at least you can see a representative of this class I was lucky I saw them back in the fifties many on here now did not have the chance.

So ... not always lms forever. :D  But surely B1s  not A1s through Aylesbury ! 

By the time I was able to ride the GC London Extension it was boringly class 5s like everywhere else i was familiar with at the Manchester London Road end.