• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Because I’m on a limited budget due to ill health, if I pay the deposit for the two loco’s I’m after, can I pay you in instalments until they arrive so I don’t get a huge hit on the old credit card?

absolutely. We offer very flexible installment solutions is it’s direct debit and card or PayPal as well as 4 months interest free options with PayPal credit. 

• Like 2

Excellent announcement! 

Apologies if this has been asked before, but will the sound units for all of the 37s be available separately?  Reason - far too many examples that are of interest to me so far to purchase all with sound from the offset, so would be useful to know if I would be able to add sound to non-sound locos later on, as funds allow.

cheers

Al

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Danny,

No problem at all.

Yes, this is pretty much the last of them that we will announce for run one. There may be one more loco, but we are not sure yet.

We envisage all the locos coming together. The recent corona virus fall out is pushing the 37s into early 2021.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for the reply and the information. 

The delivery date slipping slightly isn't an issue because with a few 37s on order it will give me and others more time to find the money. 

Could you just answer one more question for me please?

I am considering buying x1 37602 to renumber to 37605 and x1 37606 to renumber to 37607 in DRS Compass from batch one. Is their a chance that we will see 37605 or 37607 produced in DRS Compass livery in batch two? I ask because their is no point in me trying my best to renumber to these two numbers on expensive models, if for example you would produce one or both in DRS Compass livery in the future. I also ask this because I know 605 & 607 have already been announced to be produced in batch one but both in DRS Plain Blue. Thus would it be an option and viable for you to produce the same running numbers but wearing different liveries?

I promise that's the last question haha. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

I ask especially regarding 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2020 at 11:00, Accurascale Fran said:

132445837_Acc-374-Intro(1).jpg.a03c18c0dc733d43de6b7ba9c37006a3.jpg

We are very excited to unveil the fifth and final ‘missing’ variant of Class 37

Apologies I cant "like" - i'm still in the Moderator Sin - Bin.

Edited by AY Mod
Unnecessary quoting removed - don't do it.
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Quoting of what? Please elaborate. 

You unnecessarily quoted the whole OP for a one line response. Ridiculous. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, truffy said:

TBH, he's not the only one who cannot exercise judicial use of quotation though.

Oh absolutely but he's not endearing himself to me at the moment anyway.

• Friendly/supportive 3

Its a very nice move by Accurascale to do the modern 37/4 with the LED lights. I had done this with Bachmanns by getting a kit to adapt one for 37423 and by attacking the front of the Bachmann standard ones to pit the LED lights. Its a clever move as this has never been done accurately and the current DRS fleet is very popular given the heritage schemes in use on the network.

One thought from this is that surely the market for models must be much bigger than most of us think. The amount of current (say the last 10 years) models being done must be heading towards rivalling the BR transition period. Yes the latter has many engines made that have different classes for different areas, where as diesels are more national in operation today, but there prices some fetch shows demand for current scene in some cases must be close to that era we think defines the hobby and its main market. If that is the case Accurascale are onto a sure winner!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 21/03/2020 at 23:59, YesTor said:

Excellent announcement! 

Apologies if this has been asked before, but will the sound units for all of the 37s be available separately?  Reason - far too many examples that are of interest to me so far to purchase all with sound from the offset, so would be useful to know if I would be able to add sound to non-sound locos later on, as funds allow.

cheers

Al

Hi Al,

We have no plans to sell the sound kits separate at this time. However, the sounds will be downloadable via ESU as far as I am aware, you would just need to add your own speaker set up. Of course we will demonstrate the sounds before the models arrive, so you can always pre-order DCC ready and ask us to upgrade the order to sound after you heard it if you wish. We also offer flexible terms etc if you need to pay off monthly etc. Just drop us an email and we can go through it with you. 

On 22/03/2020 at 02:15, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for the reply and the information. 

The delivery date slipping slightly isn't an issue because with a few 37s on order it will give me and others more time to find the money. 

Could you just answer one more question for me please?

I am considering buying x1 37602 to renumber to 37605 and x1 37606 to renumber to 37607 in DRS Compass from batch one. Is their a chance that we will see 37605 or 37607 produced in DRS Compass livery in batch two? I ask because their is no point in me trying my best to renumber to these two numbers on expensive models, if for example you would produce one or both in DRS Compass livery in the future. I also ask this because I know 605 & 607 have already been announced to be produced in batch one but both in DRS Plain Blue. Thus would it be an option and viable for you to produce the same running numbers but wearing different liveries?

I promise that's the last question haha. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

I ask especially regarding 

Hi Danny,

I dont think batch 2 will consist of those particular DRS 37/6s. 

Hope this helps!

In other news the pre-orders for these have been brisk to say the least! We were a tad surprised due to the current situation we are all in, but I guess good news is important in these tough times. We hope you all stay safe and take care in these challenging times and our warehouse is still distributing should you require any models from us. 

Fran

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Al,

We have no plans to sell the sound kits separate at this time. However, the sounds will be downloadable via ESU as far as I am aware, you would just need to add your own speaker set up. Of course we will demonstrate the sounds before the models arrive, so you can always pre-order DCC ready and ask us to upgrade the order to sound after you heard it if you wish. We also offer flexible terms etc if you need to pay off monthly etc. Just drop us an email and we can go through it with you. 

Hi Danny,

I dont think batch 2 will consist of those particular DRS 37/6s. 

Hope this helps!

In other news the pre-orders for these have been brisk to say the least! We were a tad surprised due to the current situation we are all in, but I guess good news is important in these tough times. We hope you all stay safe and take care in these challenging times and our warehouse is still distributing should you require any models from us. 

Fran

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for the reply and for confirming your thinking in relation to batch two. 

This has really helped me to plan which 37s I am going to buy. I have just been comparing 37602 to 37605 and 37606 to 37607. Their are some minor differences between both pairs, but quite minor and something that I am willing to overlook to create Compass versions of 605 & 607 through renumbering. With this in mind I am going to go ahead and pre-order x2 602 and x2 606 models with one of each to be renumbered. 

I am pleased to hear that pre-orders for the Class 37 as a whole and the recently announced 37/4s are high. I for one have been waiting years for 37/6s to appear and a definitive 37 in terms of 37/4s. On that note I would like to thank you and the team for announcing so many fantastic models especially the Class 37s because they are a game changer with each individual locomotive been accurately modelled. The Class 37/4 announcement over the weekend definitely cheered me up and I am sure many others amid the worrying and unprecedented times at the moment. 37423 was the icing on the cake.  

The video was also excellent with Gareth explaining the history and current state of play with the 37s. We have needed for so long a manufacturer to take the Class 37 seriously and do it justice. 

Take care and I'm looking forward to seeing further updates about models in your range. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

hi there!

As it was recently produced by another manufacturer I’m afraid not! 

sorry!

Fran

Lol don't let that stop you :jester:...ah well doesn't hurt to ask.

Right what about Colas 37099...oh wait

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

So here we are... 5 days since probably the most eagerly anticipated announcements of one of the most cult popular classes running in the UK today....

and only 2 pages of comments, and all thanks to some weird rat like scaly creature 6000 miles away that most people have never seen or heard of, and probably associated to a depressing Nicholas Cage film... what makes it worse is that creature is endangered and right now most people probably wished it was extinct.

As soon as a 37/4 sound file emerges, minds will be refocused to more happy events in life.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1