• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

I don’t think this question has been asked elsewhere, if it has I apologise.

Regarding the ploughs on the 37s, will they be pre-fitted where appropriate or fitted by the user dependent on personal choice, Also will the ploughs be fitted to the bogie like the standard version supplied by another manufacturer or will they fit to the bufferbeam?

where appropriate they will be fitted and they are in three parts that fit to the bufferbeam. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Does that mean a coupling can be used with the two outer pieces?

Correct! That's how we are designing them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 21/03/2020 at 14:13, 66738 said:

The modern railway scene is not really my thing, but it surely can’t be long until saloon ‘Caroline’  is announced by someone. Accurascale’s 37/4 would be the perfect accompaniment to her. 

On 29/03/2020 at 23:17, MrJack47790 said:

Hello

Having watched the introduction video by Gareth Bayer i have a strong felling the inspection saloon caroline will be coming around as he mentions it specifically

I would definitely get one and a 37/4 if it was announced.

On 29/03/2020 at 23:35, newbryford said:

Having already done 37423 and Caroline, all I can say is.

"No Accurascale, no........"

On 09/04/2020 at 11:39, TomScrut said:

I'd be keen too. I have a 68 I could run it with, and I am likely (OK, who am I kidding, almost certainly) will be getting one or more of these 37s.

Hi @66738, @MrJack47790, @newbryford & @TomScrut.

I know this is in Accurascale's section of RMWeb but the inspection coach Caroline has tonight (26/05/2020) been announced by Revolution Trains in 00 Gauge.

Samuel

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, sc2016 said:

I know this is in Accurascale's section of RMWeb but the inspection coach Caroline has tonight (26/05/2020) been announced by Revolution Trains in 00 Gauge.

Samuel

Yep.... 

;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sc2016 said:

Samuel

It was/is a no brainier. Large layout, small layout or even diorama. Paired with a 37 (or 33 or 73 if modelling 80’s/90’s), you have a whole train consist  that fits anyone’s layout. 

• Agree 2

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

After been at Derby RTC Loram for over a year, since at least May 2019, 37425 is now in Regional Railways livery after having an overhaul and exam, and has today been released back into traffic with DRS. It has been in the convoy of the 0Z83 Derby RTC to Crewe Gresty Bridge DRS with 37069 hauling 37401, 37405 and 37425. 37401 and 37405 are also DRS returnees on this movement following repairs at Derby. 

I understand 425 shall now be in traffic for the foreseeable future with DRS, whilst 401 and 405 have received repairs to keep them going for a bit longer. Although their were suggestions that 405 was to be stored a few months ago, but it is now looking like it has been repaired once more, possibly to keep it in traffic for the 2020 RHTT season which is due to commence soon.

The boys and girls at Loram have certainly been busy recently with three DRS 37s returning to traffic in one movement. It is very rare to see several 37s return to traffic in one day, on a solo movement to Crewe GB. Welcome back!

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

13 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

37401 and 37405 are also DRS returnees on this movement following repairs at Derby. 

...whilst 401 and 405 have received repairs to keep them going for a bit longer. Although their were suggestions that 405 was to be stored a few months ago, but it is now looking like it has been repaired once more, possibly to keep it in traffic for the 2020 RHTT season which is due to commence soon.

The boys and girls at Loram have certainly been busy recently with three DRS 37s returning to traffic in one movement. It is very rare to see several 37s return to traffic in one day.

Hmmm 425 has certainly been released from repairs, however 405 had audibly horrific wheel flats on today's move. Apparently 401 is back in the serviceable fleet but 405 is not.

Jack.

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Jack374 said:

Hmmm 425 has certainly been released from repairs, however 405 had audibly horrific wheel flats on today's move. Apparently 401 is back in the serviceable fleet but 405 is not.

Jack.

Maybe 405 is for store soon then. Although is was status N and in the active XHAC pool the other day when I checked, and even though it was still at Derby at that point it was still in the active fleet pool. Unless it is still in the active pool at the moment for the transit move to Gresty Bridge today and it will be stripped for parts and spares when it arrives. So storage to the XHSS pool and removal from the active fleet could soon be upon it. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

It does look nice but I think I prefer the Intercity Mainline livery on 37419. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

It looks great too, I don't have 419 on order at the moment but it's next on the list if I do go for another I think. That or 610.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

It looks great too, I don't have 419 on order at the moment but it's next on the list if I do go for another I think. That or 610.

I have 610 on order because I just couldn't resist the BR Blue small logo livery. The fact that it's in ex DRS now HNRC owned and Colas hired condition is brilliant too, because it will give me plenty of scope as to what I run with it on the layout. 

I have 419 and 425 in Compass by Bachmann so technically I don't need either of the Accurascale 37s in their latest heritage liveries. 419 in Intercity Mainline is tempting me too, but largely it has seen use in DRS Compass livery with DRS, so I may hold off both Accurascale 419 and 425 in their heritage liveries and see if they release one or both of them in Compass in a further batch. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

9 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Colas hired

Yes I aren't sure if being Colas hired helps it or not in my case. I have 025 and 099 for running Colas test trains!

DRS wise I currently have 423 and 425 on order with AS, but I am considering 419 just because it will look great end to end with 425. 423 I ordered because I like the DRS plain livery.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yes I aren't sure if being Colas hired helps it or not in my case. I have 025 and 099 for running Colas test trains!

DRS wise I currently have 423 and 425 on order with AS, but I am considering 419 just because it will look great end to end with 425. 423 I ordered because I like the DRS plain livery.

I do understand your point and 025 is a good one to have because it's been on hire to Colas for over four years now I believe, something which initially was only meant to be short term. 

The Basic/Plain livery on 423 really is nice isn't it and it suits the loco well with it still having the wipacs, and it's the latest corporate DRS livery too. The only modern Accurascale 37s I haven't already ordered and don't plan to at the moment are 419, 425, 607 and 97301. I am going to wait in the hope that we might see 607 in appear in Compass livery in a future batch, and even though the heritage liveries on 419 and 425 are nice they just don't cover the time frame of operation in these liveries for the stock I want them to run with. So I hope Accurascale will treat us to some Compass 37/4s at some point and I may be tempted to upgrade from the Bachmann variants. As for the NR 97/3, I'm not really sure why but it just doesn't massively appeal to me. I think it's the fact that the real life loco rarely moves from Derby RTC so in order to be current apart from Network Rail stock which it occasionally runs with, their isn't much scope to run it with anything else. Regardless of this though I am sure the Accurascale model will be excellent, as are all of their products. 

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The amount of liveries 401/19/25 have carried I’m surprised they are still in gauge.

:dirol_mini:

It's funny you should mention this because I was thinking about the amount of liveries they have worn recently. The 37/4s have certainly carried a wealth of liveries. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

bit out of touch with where Accura are with these in particular the scottish 37s with headlights as i ordered one.  are these imminent as im not sure if ive overlooked some request for paying the balance !   

Hi @ThaneofFife,

We have provided a full update on the Class 37 here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/tractor-pull-a-first-look-at-the-full-class-37-range

I had forgotten there was a separate thread for the 37/4s and we have been posting regularly on the thread below, perhaps the mods can merge? 

Decorated samples due very soon!

Cheers,

Fran 

• Like 5