• RMweb Premium

The real 37423 has just gone past on a test train (37558 on other end). I hope the model looks and sounds as good.

The driver gave me a wave as he passed, will the Accurascale driver wave at enthusiasts with cameras?

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

My future request would be 37430 Cwmbran, Mainline livery, with options to add Tinsley crest and silver double arrows on the cabs after its first two years in the North west.

D956E030-4C51-4B92-B174-DEB1AF67EC7C.jpeg.423b78e21623d7b138818d0c00442d56.jpeg

It was the Manchester celebrity on Blackpool, Southport and Barrow workings with Regional Railways mk2’s, rode behind it dozens of times.

• Like 2

Hello

Having watched the introduction video by Gareth Bayer i have a strong felling the inspection saloon caroline will be coming around as he mentions it specifically

I would definitely get one and a 37/4 if it was announced.

It would be a good move as then any modern image modeller,no matter where really they model can get.

Really hope you are accurascale.

Thanks Jack

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, MrJack47790 said:

Hello

Having watched the introduction video by Gareth Bayer i have a strong felling the inspection saloon caroline will be coming around as he mentions it specifically

I would definitely get one and a 37/4 if it was announced.

It would be a good move as then any modern image modeller,no matter where really they model can get.

Really hope you are accurascale.

Thanks Jack

Having already done 37423 and Caroline, all I can say is.

"No Accurascale, no........"

picard-facepalm.jpg.a07055b815e4ce17d45cb5ba3e7162b6.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, newbryford said:

Having already done 37423 and Caroline, all I can say is.

"No Accurascale, no........"

picard-facepalm.jpg.a07055b815e4ce17d45cb5ba3e7162b6.jpg

Ah but look on the bright side you model of caroline is unbeatable in detail and precision

Recently I really wanted one as could vividly remember 37409 and her passing my primary school as the railway backed on to it and while having my lunch she passed and seeing her thrash out made it some thing quite special as i was an 8 year old who didn't know it was coming and was only used to stuff in the NRM and mainly 158 s it and so the memory has stayed with me so i really wanted a model and really looked up to your model as a start for me doing my own rake of her and 37409.

Also i do like 37423 mainly due to her previous livery before the large DRS logo over a plain background.

However I strongly feel this will be accurascales next move as it fits in,suits all modern image modellers and even though being one of a kind accurascale released the MOD nuclear wagons.

Still hope you are going to accurascale and i would congratulate you on such a cleaver move to allow any modern image modeller the excuse to buy one of your 37/4 and this.

Thanks Jack

Edited by MrJack47790

On 29/03/2020 at 23:17, MrJack47790 said:

i have a strong felling the inspection saloon caroline

I'd be keen too. I have a 68 I could run it with, and I am likely (OK, who am I kidding, almost certainly) will be getting one or more of these 37s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Fran, 

I hope that you and the team are all well in these challenging times. 

I have a question with regards to further batches of the 37/4s in OO Gauge. 

Bachmann have recently released a pack which includes the Class 37/4 locomotive 37424/37558. I am keen to buy 37401, 37407 & 37424 all in their current BR Large Logo guises as currently in use with DRS, from yourselves. Would I be right in thinking that their is a good chance that some or all of these three locos will be produced by yourselves at some stage? 

I ask because I really begrudge paying £170 for the pack containing 37424 by Bachmann and then you may announce/release the same loco. I also don't want to buy 424 by Bachmann and then you announce/release 401 or 407, because their will be significant detailing, lighting, running differences between your superior model and the older tooling Bachmann 37/4, and this will be especially noticeable when running 37s together. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Fran, 

Bachmann have recently released a pack which includes the Class 37/4 locomotive 37424/37558. I am keen to buy 37401, 37407 & 37424 all in their current BR Large Logo guises as currently in use with DRS, from yourselves. Would I be right in thinking that their is a good chance that some or all of these three locos will be produced by yourselves at some stage? 

I ask because I really begrudge paying £170 for the pack containing 37424 by Bachmann and then you may announce/release the same loco. I also don't want to buy 424 by Bachmann and then you announce/release 401 or 407, because their will be significant detailing, lighting, running differences between your superior model and the older tooling Bachmann 37/4, and this will be especially noticeable when running 37s together. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

With respect Danny, do you really expect the lads to reveal their future model intentions?

I would also expect the next few modern 37s to also try to reflect models that have not yet been covered by other manufacturers. Ok, the Bachmann 37424 may not be 100% accurate, but many people who bought that won't care and would be unlikely to upgrade immediately.

Roy

• Agree 6

11 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Fran, 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Hello Danny,

I think its likely there will be a follow up verson of the class 37/4 with the DRS mods. Rather than jump on a model at present, you can wait and see what is likely to be coming. Your already understanding where the gaps in ranges are and what are likely to follow. In that case you can skip the Bachmann 37/4 or otherwise renumber one to suit if it matches what you want.

To get 37424 I did a Bachmann 37/4 and then adapted the nose ends from ones I could get that are accurate. Still, you can see whats likely to come and either choose to get the Bachmann one or wait. Its now a case of choosing carefully what you want and where. With so many models being done we cant buy them all!

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Fran, 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

To be honest, I’d buy the Bachmann 37424/37558 because it’s not just the loco your getting but two diecast 1:144 scale Avro Vulcans and other bits and pieces.  I bought one, don’t regret it and I still plan to buy Accurascale 37/4’s and 6’s.

5 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

To be honest, I’d buy the Bachmann 37424/37558 because it’s not just the loco your getting but two diecast 1:144 scale Avro Vulcans and other bits and pieces.  I bought one, don’t regret it and I still plan to buy Accurascale 37/4’s and 6’s.

I'm sure I saw that quite heavily discounted a few weeks back, seems to be around £170 at the moment which isn't bad but thought I saw it around £150.

Whats not to like about TWO Vulcans!

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I'm sure I saw that quite heavily discounted a few weeks back, seems to be around £170 at the moment which isn't bad but thought I saw it around £150.

Totally agree about the Vulcan’s and I was there at Shuttleworth when XH558 did her very last display.  Just awesome 

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

With respect Danny, do you really expect the lads to reveal their future model intentions?

I would also expect the next few modern 37s to also try to reflect models that have not yet been covered by other manufacturers. Ok, the Bachmann 37424 may not be 100% accurate, but many people who bought that won't care and would be unlikely to upgrade immediately.

Roy

Hi Roy, 

I hope you are well? 

Of course, I do understand your point but on previous occasions the Accurascale team have been happy to confirm or deny future plans regarding their models to myself and many others on several of their threads. 

In terms of the accuracy of the Bachmann 37424 model, it's not necessarily just the accuracy which I want on the Class 37s that I buy, it's value for money and despite the added collectors items that are in the Bachmann 37424 set, £170 for essentially a loco with less detailing, minimal lighting features and tooling which is now old, due to Accurascale announcing newly tooled Class 37s, this is a lot of money. I would prefer to wait and buy the models from Accurascale if they do intend on producing them, to ensure that I have bought the most accurate model/s with specific detailing to individual locos, models that have an increased number of lighting features and models which offer the best value for money.

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

11 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Hello Danny,

I think its likely there will be a follow up verson of the class 37/4 with the DRS mods. Rather than jump on a model at present, you can wait and see what is likely to be coming. Your already understanding where the gaps in ranges are and what are likely to follow. In that case you can skip the Bachmann 37/4 or otherwise renumber one to suit if it matches what you want.

To get 37424 I did a Bachmann 37/4 and then adapted the nose ends from ones I could get that are accurate. Still, you can see whats likely to come and either choose to get the Bachmann one or wait. Its now a case of choosing carefully what you want and where. With so many models being done we cant buy them all!

Hi, 

That's a really good and clever way to have a 424 model. I have a feeling that with several of the DRS 37s currently wearing BR Large Logo Blue, that Accurascale will produce further models in this livery after 37409. I really do hope so anyway!

That's very true. I am holding out for the Bachmann 20/3s and Accurascale Class 37s for my DRS fleet. I have got a few other models on my wishlist including the TPE MK5s by Accurascale and the Network Rail and ScotRail MK2fs by Hornby.  But yes, you're very right, that with many models becoming available now really is the time to be picky about what you buy. 

I'm going to go with my instinct and leave the Bachmann 37424 I think, because I am confident that Accurascale will produce this one or 401 or 407 in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

3 hours ago, jools1959 said:

See this is the thing, I don't think I would regret buying the Bachmann 37424, especially with the other collectors items that come with it, but I would just prefer more of my Class 37 fleet to be the definitive Accurascale models. 

Which Accurascale Class 37s do you plan on buying?

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yes, I have noticed that a few retailers have discounted this set recently. It is tempting but I might hang on in the hope that the Accurascale gods validate my decision haha!

Here's hoping!

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Danny,

Future intentions have already been asked and no firm answer given. See: 

Whilst it is true very high-level plans have been given, I don’t think a particular loco / livery has ever been confirmed in advance.

If you want a 37424 buy one now and flog it later if a better model arrives. Just what we had to do for years before such interaction with manufacturers was possible. 

Roy

Guest Half-full

Hi Roy, 

I hope you are well? 

Of course, I do understand your point but on previous occasions the Accurascale team have been happy to confirm or deny future plans regarding their models to myself and many others on several of their threads. 

In terms of the accuracy of the Bachmann 37424 model, it's not necessarily just the accuracy which I want on the Class 37s that I buy, it's value for money and despite the added collectors items that are in the Bachmann 37424 set, £170 for essentially a loco with less detailing, minimal lighting features and tooling which is now old, due to Accurascale announcing newly tooled Class 37s, this is a lot of money. I would prefer to wait and buy the models from Accurascale if they do intend on producing them, to ensure that I have bought the most accurate model/s with specific detailing to individual locos, models that have an increased number of lighting features and models which offer the best value for money.

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Hi, 

That's a really good and clever way to have a 424 model. I have a feeling that with several of the DRS 37s currently wearing BR Large Logo Blue, that Accurascale will produce further models in this livery after 37409. I really do hope so anyway!

That's very true. I am holding out for the Bachmann 20/3s and Accurascale Class 37s for my DRS fleet. I have got a few other models on my wishlist including the TPE MK5s by Accurascale and the Network Rail and ScotRail MK2fs by Hornby.  But yes, you're very right, that with many models becoming available now really is the time to be picky about what you buy. 

I'm going to go with my instinct and leave the Bachmann 37424 I think, because I am confident that Accurascale will produce this one or 401 or 407 in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

See this is the thing, I don't think I would regret buying the Bachmann 37424, especially with the other collectors items that come with it, but I would just prefer more of my Class 37 fleet to be the definitive Accurascale models. 

Which Accurascale Class 37s do you plan on buying?

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Yes, I have noticed that a few retailers have discounted this set recently. It is tempting but I might hang on in the hope that the Accurascale gods validate my decision haha!

Here's hoping!

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Danny,

From what I've read on your other posts, you seem to prefer locos' as they come out of the box (nothing wrong with that), so if you buy the Bachmann 424 set with the Vulcans, and keep the box, planes etc in good condition, you can sell it later on if Accurascale announce a 424. 

You'll get the majority of your money back, if not more, this isnt just an ordinary limited edition loco.

I've bought one to keep aside for a rainy day, but I ended up respraying the loco, and selling the Vulcans!!!!

Hi, 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

The other option is to get 37409 and renumber it to 37401 and 37424. I would leave Bachmann 37s... to be honest I can see them being the next Lima engines crowding second hand stalls into the future. They are good for resale and in many ways will hold their value if they are certain versions or a popular engine. Collectors will be the ones wanting to get some special editions, but with new high detail and spec models coming - Bachmanns 37 will be eclipsed by Accurascale, the 66 by the one from Hattons and possibly the 47 by Heljan. Bachmann wont be the only ones, Hornby 59 will be overtaken by Dapol, the 156 by Realtrack… but I can see Bachmanns being better than Hornbys older tooling and lasting the timescale for resale. Yet, if you want the high spec item to come, we all need to focus on timescales more and the models that fit, given prices have risen. Quality over quantity is the future...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

I would leave Bachmann 37s...

I am doing so unless I see an absolute bargain. I have 37025 and 37099 which I think are great but like my 66s they will be staying but any new ones will likely be the newer alternative.

I also think that Accurascale will do well with the modern 37s as they have picked plenty of interesting liveries for modern day, especially the retro IC/RR ones. Really hoping somebody paints one in Dutch so a model can be made of that too!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Danny,

Future intentions have already been asked and no firm answer given. See: 

Whilst it is true very high-level plans have been given, I don’t think a particular loco / livery has ever been confirmed in advance.

If you want a 37424 buy one now and flog it later if a better model arrives. Just what we had to do for years before such interaction with manufacturers was possible. 

Roy

Yes, we are very fortunate to have the best of both worlds at the moment. But, I might hold out in the hope that Accurascale produce them. After all, they now have the tooling for the 37/4s and they intend on producing each loco with the appropriate specific detailing, so really anything is possible. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

12 hours ago, Half-full said:

Danny,

From what I've read on your other posts, you seem to prefer locos' as they come out of the box (nothing wrong with that), so if you buy the Bachmann 424 set with the Vulcans, and keep the box, planes etc in good condition, you can sell it later on if Accurascale announce a 424. 

You'll get the majority of your money back, if not more, this isnt just an ordinary limited edition loco.

I've bought one to keep aside for a rainy day, but I ended up respraying the loco, and selling the Vulcans!!!!

This is very true. As you say even if the price of the loco itself falls if Accurascale were to announce it, the other collectors items may mean that the set as a whole still holds a decent value overall. 

What loco did you respray 424 to?

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

11 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

The other option is to get 37409 and renumber it to 37401 and 37424. I would leave Bachmann 37s... to be honest I can see them being the next Lima engines crowding second hand stalls into the future. They are good for resale and in many ways will hold their value if they are certain versions or a popular engine. Collectors will be the ones wanting to get some special editions, but with new high detail and spec models coming - Bachmanns 37 will be eclipsed by Accurascale, the 66 by the one from Hattons and possibly the 47 by Heljan. Bachmann wont be the only ones, Hornby 59 will be overtaken by Dapol, the 156 by Realtrack… but I can see Bachmanns being better than Hornbys older tooling and lasting the timescale for resale. Yet, if you want the high spec item to come, we all need to focus on timescales more and the models that fit, given prices have risen. Quality over quantity is the future...

This is the thing, ultimately I now would like more definitive 37s thus those produced by Accurascale. As they are producing specific locos with the appropriate detailing for each one, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't produce 401, 407 or 424, except for the reason that Bachmann have already produced 424. 

I am happy to wait to see if Accurascale produce the 37s that I would like even though they are a bit more money, just because of the extra value for money we are getting e.g. more lighting functions, higher levels of detailing and stay alive capacitors fitted. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

10 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I am doing so unless I see an absolute bargain. I have 37025 and 37099 which I think are great but like my 66s they will be staying but any new ones will likely be the newer alternative.

I also think that Accurascale will do well with the modern 37s as they have picked plenty of interesting liveries for modern day, especially the retro IC/RR ones. Really hoping somebody paints one in Dutch so a model can be made of that too!

I have quite a few of the Bachmann 37s, but I am going to keep them because I bought most of them at reduced prices anyway, so none of them owe me anything. 

I am really excited about the DRS Basic 423 and DRS Fade 609 on the Accurascale 37s, because we have only seen the Basic livery modelled on the Bachmann & Hattons 66s, and 609 will be the first model to be produced with the DRS Fade livery applied. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2

Guest Half-full
24 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

This is very true. As you say even if the price of the loco itself falls if Accurascale were to announce it, the other collectors items may mean that the set as a whole still holds a decent value overall. 

What loco did you respray 424 to?

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

I resprayed it to 37402 in Intercity Mainline livery c1990 condition

Sold the loco too, for more than I paid for the whole set.  I reckon I doubled my money by the time I sold the loco, Vulcans and box!

26 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

DRS Basic 423 and DRS Fade 609

742Yes I think they are the ones I would have after the 97301 and 37608 I have on pre order, and the 37419 and 37425 I am likely to pre order. I have 2 DRS 68s and 2 Colas 37s though so not that much for 2 DRS 37s to do TBH as the 68s will do nukes (if I get the wagons) and Colas can do the measurement trains! I know 419 and 425 are DRS but its the BR liveries I like.