Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Bill Wright

jonny777

I have read a section on a Facebook group which says that Bill Wright ( aka Barking Bill ) has passed away. 

I do hope I am not being too previous, adding this here simply based on a FB discussion; but I have to say that his photos of the steam/diesel transition period posted on Flickr are some of the best quality images I have seen from that period. 

RIP Bill, 

You brought a long vanished and rapidly changing era back into reality for me (and I was too young and naive to realise how quickly much of it was going to be swept away). 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope that he would not have minded me posting one of my favourites here. 

There is so much of interest in most of Bill's images, not least the fact that here D6768 does not appear to have a small yellow warning panel (although it may be an optical illusion) as late as 1967. 

Hi-Res_R0703_4894125034_o.jpg.320b09ce0b58844137f49ccc191b04ab.jpg

©Barking Bill. D6768 leaves Tees Yard with a train of empty coal hoppers. 17th April 1967. 

Edited by jonny777
  • Like 1

Yes, thanks. That was my conclusion when I looked closely at the photo, but it doesn't detract from the image. The one of the class 25 with the experimental orange panel taken at the same location is another gem.