JSModels - Laser-Cut Kits - Now in N Gauge too!!!

JSModels

• RMweb Gold

Amazing. Are you sure that price is not a typo?

I have just been sketching out a shunting layout project to keep me occupied during "self-isolation". Your kit is probably one floor higher than I would want for that but it looks easy enough to adapt.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you to all those members who have purchased kits, I am very pleased to say the first batch sold out within a few hours of posting the details on here! Those kits are now on the way & should be arriving in the next couple of days.

For those members that have asked since, I am working on another batch; I'm also working on a website with online ordering, which should be up in the next couple of weeks. I'll update this thread when it's ready to launch.

Thanks again for the support,

Jonathan

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived this morning, a masterclass in packaging.

Regrettably I won't be building it over here, it's easier to transport back home as a flat pack, but a quick look shows it to be a well thought out and manufactured piece of work, exactly as the photos on the forum show.

Looking forward to kit #002!

Mike.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

A brick one would be nice for your next project.....just Sayin!

Do you mean the exact same design, but in brick rather than stone? That would be pretty straightforward to do.

Or just that a future kit of a brick-built mill/warehouse would be nice?

Jonathan

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/03/2020 at 22:13, jrb said:

Do you mean the exact same design, but in brick rather than stone? That would be pretty straightforward to do.

Not that I'm the OP but the same building in brick would be fab... Although I arrived here to order a stone one but see I'll need to wait a bit - brick preferably but tbh I want one either way! 

Keep up the good work!

Ralf

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ralf said:

Not that I'm the OP but the same building in brick would be fab... Although I arrived here to order a stone one but see I'll need to wait a bit - brick preferably but tbh I want one either way! 

Keep up the good work!

Ralf

Ralf,

I've been looking at altering the same building in brick, but it's just not feasible; it turns out that the dimensions I used when originally designing it just aren't compatible with something as regular in size as bricks. All the critical dimensions (width of openings, width between openings, etc) need to be exact multiples of the size of a brick, and this mill simply wasn't!

So, I decided to completely re-draw it from scratch, to suit brick dimensions. This will be my second kit - it's slightly smaller in width (9 windows wide, rather than 11) and 3 storeys rather than 4, but other than that it's extrememly similar:

1575394460_JSM02Brick02.jpg.8502c32106fe68543aa09e92c469250a.jpg

I wasn't planning on announcing it just yet, but since you asked I figured a bit of a spoiler wouldn't harm... :lol:

Full details (exact dimensions, pricing, etc.) will be announced later.

1 hour ago, steve45 said:

Hi Jonathan,

How do I place an order with you please?

Regards

Steve

Steve,

If you want one of the first kits, I will have the second batch available by the end of the week; I'll PM you regarding payments for those.

The website will, if all goes to plan, be launched over the Easter weekend. This will feature the original kit, the new smaller brick mill above, plus a couple of other products too! The website will support full online ordering & card payments.

Jonathan Scott

JS Models

Edited by jrb
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, jrb said:

I wasn't planning on announcing it just yet, but since you asked I figured a bit of a spoiler wouldn't harm... :lol:

Fantastic thanks Jonathon, well roll on Easter weekend for the online shop... 

Cheers

Ralf

On 26/03/2020 at 22:13, jrb said:

Or just that a future kit of a brick-built mill/warehouse would be nice?

Jonathan

Yes mate!!

Could be up for one myself then!

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, 5944 said:

They look very nice indeed. Don't suppose you fancy doing something in 2mm? Please?! 

I may well do, but it wouldn't be for a while yet, sorry.

11 hours ago, davefromacrossthepond said:

Or perhaps 7mm?

As above, though it would have to be a smaller building, if I scaled the original up to 7mm I don't think it would fit on the cutter!

Jonathan

Edited by jrb

Hi - this looks excellent (like your original) so when your website is up and running - and assuming I eventually get furloughed for my supply teacher job (!) - I can see myself ordering several for my future dockside layout!

As a suggestion, these are all low relief: how feasible would it be to create full relief ends so a full depth building might be created? Those ends might be available separately, with or without door openings for tracks/loading bays, to add to the original kit, for example.

I realise that these suggestions might turn your simple(ish)  project into a "mix and match" nightmare situation; next thing you know, I'll be asking for a reverse side with different window configurations, also available separately? This surely would be opening a can of worms a million miles away from your original intentions! As Westernenterprise commented earlier, "Some people are never satisfied!"

Then again, what else might you be doing during lock down?! :laugh_mini2:

Steve S

STAY SAFE - STAY HOME - KEEP MODELLING

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

As a suggestion, these are all low relief: how feasible would it be to create full relief ends so a full depth building might be created? Those ends might be available separately, with or without door openings for tracks/loading bays, to add to the original kit, for example.

Steve,

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

The full relief ends is a distinct possibility, and one I hadn't really considered. It would be good to add one to the range, and would allow a 3/4 relief option as well as full relief.

I'm hoping to have the website up over the Easter weekend, although I am still waiting on several deliveries of various components that have been delayed due to the current situation and I don't want to launch it without everything being in stock, so it may have to be put back a few days.

Jonathan

JSModels

• Informative/Useful 2

• JSModels changed the title to JS Models - Website Now Live!
  • RMweb Premium

Well, I've gone and done it - the website is now up & running! Please feel free to have a browse...

JSModels

There's not many products yet, and the website isn't terribly fancy, but hopefully it's OK! I've got the original kit, and the new slightly smaller kit in both brick and stone finishes, along with some lighting bits and some of the 3D printed vents.

I'd appreciate any feedback on it, and on the ordering process, either in this thread or by PM if you prefer. Thank you to all for your support.

Jonathan Scott

JSModels

Edited by jrb
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 11/04/2020 at 16:15, jrb said:

I'd appreciate any feedback on it, and on the ordering process, either in this thread or by PM if you prefer.

Website looks good and ordering process seems to work! Fabulous stuff :D

Cheers

Ralf