JSModels - Laser-Cut Kits - Now in N Gauge too!!!

JSModels

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, davefromacrossthepond said:

Website looks good, very  nice pictures - something many don't have. Just a quick question, do you ship internationally? Specifically to U.S.? Or is that something down the road - especially until after this COVID thing is over?  Most importantly, great website and please stay safe!

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I don't have international shipping set up (as I'm sure you've discovered!) and I don't know if it would be viable. I'll have a look into it, and PM you with a shipping cost.

Jonathan

JSModels

• JSModels changed the title to JS Models - Coming Soon
  • RMweb Premium

Sometimes, you just want a building to fill a space backing onto railway property. So I've done some revised versions of the JSM02 kits, without the loading bay or office door, to represent the back of a factory (again, in brick and stone versions):

JSM12_Brick01.jpg.9df819d1f9e12a97e1f8a6a3b0aba663.jpg

JSM12_Stone01.jpg.39157a013a34a357db74fa565f3b8a7f.jpg

These will be available shortly, and at a lower price than the full JSM02 kits.

I've also been working on an older canalside/dockside mill. This will be available as  low-relief (both the front and back) but also as a full building:

Canalside.jpg.455922e1ba5b32bbc8bdf816c19b3b7b.jpg

This is only the outline, with an awful lot of details still to be added (doors, roof, brick & stone patterns, etc) so may be several weeks away...

Jonathan

JSModels

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• JSModels changed the title to JS Models - New Kits Coming Soon
  • RMweb Premium

Further to the above post, I had another thought - would there be any interest in an extra-low relief version, like this:

JSM22_Brick01.jpg.120b2a9a842de52f0d6dd0cee753389c.jpg

The depth has been reduced to just 12mm. I've also deleted the slope to the end walls (without a roof they looked a bit odd just sticking up slightly).

I've already created the drawings for these, but not sure if it's worth making them?

Jonathan

JSModels

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, jrb said:

Further to the above post, I had another thought - would there be any interest in an extra-low relief version, like this:

The depth has been reduced to just 12mm. I've also deleted the slope to the end walls (without a roof they looked a bit odd just sticking up slightly).

I've already created the drawings for these, but not sure if it's worth making them?

Jonathan

JSModels

I would definetly be interested in this version if you decide to make them, probably two to suit the backscene of my new Dock Layout.

Mark

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Markmiller2008 said:

I would definetly be interested in this version if you decide to make them, probably two to suit the backscene of my new Dock Layout.

Mark

Mark,

That's good to know, I'll get a few cut then. They should be on the website in the next few days.

Jonathan

JSModels

I went on to this excellent website on Thursday (23/3) and a parcel arrived this morning (25/3). First class packaging (worth the cost alone !), great instructions and I love the look of the kit. I must say I'm very impressed and, quite frankly, at twice the cost this kit would still be a bargain.

I shall build it this afternoon.

Keep up the good work,

David

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

...Shhhhh!

I've just ordered 2 today but I will need some more...

...because these are just what I have been looking for.

Kev.

• RMweb Premium
On 19/04/2020 at 16:37, jrb said:

Sometimes, you just want a building to fill a space backing onto railway property. So I've done some revised versions of the JSM02 kits, without the loading bay or office door, to represent the back of a factory (again, in brick and stone versions):

JSM12_Brick01.jpg.9df819d1f9e12a97e1f8a6a3b0aba663.jpg

JSM12_Stone01.jpg.39157a013a34a357db74fa565f3b8a7f.jpg

These will be available shortly, and at a lower price than the full JSM02 kits.

Jonathan

JSModels

I'm pleased to say the above are now ready & on the website, at a cost of £25.00 each. JSM12B in the brick finish, and JSM12S in the stone finish.

Jonathan

JSModels

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, David King said:

I went on to this excellent website on Thursday (23/3) and a parcel arrived this morning (25/3). First class packaging (worth the cost alone !), great instructions and I love the look of the kit. I must say I'm very impressed and, quite frankly, at twice the cost this kit would still be a bargain.

I shall build it this afternoon.

Keep up the good work,

David

David,

Glad it arrived so quickly! Would love to see some pictures of your finished kit.

Jonathan

JSModels

• RMweb Premium
On 23/04/2020 at 11:10, jrb said:

Jonathan

JSModels

I think it would definitely be worthwhile, changing the ends makes it look like it should have a flat roof beyond that parapet.

Just a suggestion about the blanking panels.  Is it possible to include enough panels to blank all the ground floor windows in the kit?  I have been travelling in to Manchester, through Salford, on and off since the late 1980's, and a feature of many of the buildings that back on to the railway is that all the ground floor windows are bricked up for security reasons.

If it's not possible, is it possible to offer a separate kit of just blanking panels?  If the windows are the same size in the different stone/brick finish kits, it would allow the modeller to mix and match the finish. For example, brick blanking panel in a stone building, something that I have also seen on my travels.

Regards

Moxy

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Moxy said:

Just a suggestion about the blanking panels.  Is it possible to include enough panels to blank all the ground floor windows in the kit?  I have been travelling in to Manchester, through Salford, on and off since the late 1980's, and a feature of many of the buildings that back on to the railway is that all the ground floor windows are bricked up for security reasons.

If it's not possible, is it possible to offer a separate kit of just blanking panels?  If the windows are the same size in the different stone/brick finish kits, it would allow the modeller to mix and match the finish. For example, brick blanking panel in a stone building, something that I have also seen on my travels.

Regards

Moxy

Moxy,

That's a very good suggestion! With the exception of the original JSM01 kit, all the window pieces in the kits (JSM02, JSM12, and JSM22) are the same size & therefore interchangeable. They all include 6x blanking panels in the same finish as the building. I could easily add a set of extra blanking panels; with 5 in brick & 5 in stone, that would mean that one set would, combined with the ones in the kit, be enough to do all the ground floor windows; either all in stone, all in brick (depending on which kit you get) or a mixture of both (it's probably more cost-effective to do that than to have 2x smaller sets in just brick and just stone).

Does that seem reasonable? If so, I'll get some sorted & on the website over the next few days.

Jonathan

JSModels

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, jrb said:

Does that seem reasonable? If so, I'll get some sorted & on the website over the next few days.

Jonathan

JSModels

That sounds eminently reasonable to me, Jonathon.

Unfortunately personal circumstances means I will have to wait a couple months before I can spend any money on railway modelling bits, but once I am back in full employment, I shall definitely be in for some of your kits.

Cheers and thanks for the prompt response.

Moxy

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Markmiller2008 said:

Hi Jonathan

I see the low relief kits are on the website but are showing sold out, have i missed out?

Mark

Mark,

No, you haven't missed out, they aren't ready yet. I've put them on there as 'available soon', but since there's zero stock the software automatically thinks it's sold out & marks it as such. I'll post in here when they're ready, and I'll PM you about them.

Jonathan

JSModels

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 25/04/2020 at 17:54, Moxy said:

Is it possible to offer a separate kit of just blanking panels?  If the windows are the same size in the different stone/brick finish kits, it would allow the modeller to mix and match the finish. For example, brick blanking panel in a stone building, something that I have also seen on my travels.

Regards

Moxy

Done:

1284233196_DET02BlankingPanels.jpg.ce98baea3314568623d7e0f18672e0eb.jpg

The set includes 14 window blanking panels -  5 in brick (English bond) to match the brickwork of the brick kits and 5 in stone to match the stone kits. Then there's 2 in brickwork, but with a running bond, and 2 in breezeblock; these 4 can be used in either kit to represent windows blocked up in later years.

Cost will be just £2.50/set.

Unfortunately I'm waiting on a delivery of board from the supplier, as I've completely run out! So I'm afraid it might be a week or possibly two before these are available.

Jonathan

JSModels

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Just got some new 3D printed accessories on the website; some 18" wall patresses:

WP04.jpg.c3752e25416d4a6f59799a92a3bcbf4e.jpg

These are seen quite often in the real world, but not often modelled. They come as a set of 3:

WP01.jpg.16c4568588a6b504e75b6ecfc21dbfdf.jpg

At the moment I only have a few versions of the building kits left in stock (Medium warehouses in brick and stone, and factory backs in brick only) but all being well I should have almost everything back in stock by this time next week.

Jonathan

JSModels

Edited by jrb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• JSModels changed the title to JSModels - New 'Waterside' Series
  • RMweb Premium

I've been working on some new building kits recently, and am pleased to announce the forthcoming 'Waterside' series of low-relief buildings. Ideal for canal, dock, or quay side layouts, there are 5 products in the range, all in stone.

First up is JSM13 'Canal Warehouse Front':

JSM13_comp1.jpg.840421e094473fcdc5e4ec888942523a.jpg

This breakfront building is approximately 290mm wide, 55mm/75mm deep, and 230mm high. The building can be modelled with the doors open or closed, and with or without the included loading hood/cover:

JSM13_comp2.jpg.7fb455511253f6b7d40192757c336e78.jpg

Next up, we have a choice of flat-faced buildings, either with or without loading doors (JSM23, 'Canal Warehouse Back' on the left, JSM33 'Canal Warehouse Back w/Doors' on the right):

JSM23_33_comp01.jpg.06bfd55f47d359554532452d17dbea64.jpg

These are the same size as JSM13, but without the breakfront; approximately 290mm wide, 55mm deep, and 230mm high.

Finally, to complement the above, or to use separately, we have a choice of 2 building ends, again with or without loading bay doors; JSM43 'Canal Warehouse End w/Doors', or JSM53 'Canal Warehouse End'. As with the JSM13, JSM43 can be modelled with the doors open or closed, and with or without the included loading hood/cover: 

JSM43_53_comp.jpg.a8fed576fb58ea77a7bbaadf45132aba.jpg

The building ends are approx. 145mm wide, 20mm deep (exc. hood) and 245mm high.

These kits can of course be combined with each other, and for the more adventurous a front, back, and 2 ends could be kit-bashed into a full building.

As with my current kits, these will be laser-cut in MDF, with laser-cut card roofing slate strips. I've still got a little bit of development to do on these, but I anticipate they will be done & ready to ship by the end of May.

Jonathan

JSModels

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Although there is still some work to do, I've now built this kit. Its been a pleasure to build and any painting or other constructional defects are entirely my fault.

I shall be buying some of the other kits as my layout is supposed to be an an industrial city which needs lots of warehouses etc.

David

IMG_20200506_115036789.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jrb said:

I've been working on some new building kits recently, and am pleased to announce the forthcoming 'Waterside' series of low-relief buildings. Ideal for canal, dock, or quay side layouts, there are 5 products in the range, all in stone.

First up is JSM13 'Canal Warehouse Front':

JSM13_comp1.jpg.840421e094473fcdc5e4ec888942523a.jpg

This breakfront building is approximately 290mm wide, 55mm/75mm deep, and 230mm high. The building can be modelled with the doors open or closed, and with or without the included loading hood/cover:

JSM13_comp2.jpg.7fb455511253f6b7d40192757c336e78.jpg

Next up, we have a choice of flat-faced buildings, either with or without loading doors (JSM23, 'Canal Warehouse Back' on the left, JSM33 'Canal Warehouse Back w/Doors' on the right):

JSM23_33_comp01.jpg.06bfd55f47d359554532452d17dbea64.jpg

These are the same size as JSM13, but without the breakfront; approximately 290mm wide, 55mm deep, and 230mm high.

Finally, to complement the above, or to use separately, we have a choice of 2 building ends, again with or without loading bay doors; JSM43 'Canal Warehouse End w/Doors', or JSM53 'Canal Warehouse End'. As with the JSM13, JSM43 can be modelled with the doors open or closed, and with or without the included loading hood/cover: 

JSM43_53_comp.jpg.a8fed576fb58ea77a7bbaadf45132aba.jpg

The building ends are approx. 145mm wide, 20mm deep (exc. hood) and 245mm high.

These kits can of course be combined with each other, and for the more adventurous a front, back, and 2 ends could be kit-bashed into a full building.

As with my current kits, these will be laser-cut in MDF, with laser-cut card roofing slate strips. I've still got a little bit of development to do on these, but I anticipate they will be done & ready to ship by the end of May.

Jonathan

JSModels

Very good addition to the range Jonathan, any plans to do these in Brick too?

Mark