Czech Group?

Joseph_Pestell

We spent a most enjoyable week in Jindrichuv Hradec in July 2017 - daily steam turn on the narrow gauge JHMD line south to Nova Bystrice and another, a couple of days a week to Obratan. At that time the working steam locos were a Romanian built Resita and an Austrian built U class. There were also regular railcar and vintage diesel workings along with s.g. freight on Rollbocke.  The attached photo is of the Resita departing the n.g. side of Jindrichuv Hradec station.

Ray.

DSC_0648a.JPG

• Like 3

Currently they are using a Px48, I think the Resita and U are still there but when the Px48 failed recently they didn't use either so I assume they are not in use. There is only one "vintage" (i.e. with it's original running gear) diesel and it's plinthed at Nova Bystrice, all the other T.47s have been completely modernised using new engines electrics, the only vintage thing about them is the outside which they've kept the same... Unlike the Mbxd2 railcars from Poland which are now unrecognisable! 

2016:

TN7Nxsj.jpg

RCUR7kb.jpg

F3XVP0q.jpg

nb74QNk.jpg

I've been going there since the late 90's and love the place, though the ride on the revampted railcars is appalling. Go to the CD-run line in the north and you will see the typical T.47. and one/two coach service train and during the summer two steam engines, U.57, an 0-10-0 tender loco and a Resita and possibly their Lyd2, all of which are run by a preservation group.

2014:

3pWau4L.jpg

Edited by Hobby
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I'm not far from Obratan at present and may well have a run from there early next week. 

Totally agree regards the ride on the Railcars.  

Character building........

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I don't understand why the ride is so bad as the original spec it's fine. The only reason we could come up with is that they've not changed the suspension to compensate for the extra weight it's carrying round. On their FB page they had a shot of one with a coach behind it, I know where I'd be sitting! 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Tabor today.....30°!.............followed by a very good thunder storm. 

Rob. 

20200811_112748-01.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, dagrizz said:

We were in Tabor three years ago, again a hot day..........

P1000879.JPG.79d52a96b81592d48b126a843f5a91bb.JPG

.......followed by a thunderstorm, fortunately we were under the covered terrace of a cafe.

P1000923.JPG.10d35f52f4f66e2fd2423bcf974d8ca8.JPG

A nice caff but our favourite one is opposite the college a bit further up,  opposite the square with the Russian soldier sniffs babies nappy statue

Very good selection of cakes and the raspberry Pannè Cotta is awesome. 

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 01/04/2020 at 18:11, EddieB said:

Industrial beastie - MUS (brown coal) 127 609-6 at Most (Czech Republic), July 2002

_RDP1P0204.jpg.3c6d9c98e7a31a296323e529d4571d4e.jpg

Intriguing catenary posts. Reminds me a bit of the old Triang 'plug-in' post system!

Edited by Re6/6

On 07/08/2020 at 18:18, NHY 581 said:

I'd be up for this. I'm currently in Bohemia doing the branchline thing........

Rob. 

20200807_105424-01.jpeg

Fascinating.  Surely they cannot be the end of passenger platforms?

Can you please give us some more information on the location, stock, workings etc.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, EddieB said:

Fascinating.  Surely they cannot be the end of passenger platforms?

Can you please give us some more information on the location, stock, workings etc.

Hi Eddie, 

They are indeed the end of the platforms at Bechyne. 

Here's a link to the wiki entry on the line. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tábor–Bechyně_railway

Rob. 

• Thanks 1