GWR ‘Castle’ HSTs on Realtime Trains

Liam

I had a look in Realtime Trains earlier but can’t seem to work out what the abbreviation for the short set HSTs are. Is it something like ‘diesel locomotive, trailing load xxx tons’? 

Also, anyone know their diagrams for north of Bristol?

Many thanks,

3 hours ago, SVRlad said:

I had a look in Realtime Trains earlier but can’t seem to work out what the abbreviation for the short set HSTs are. Is it something like ‘diesel locomotive, trailing load xxx tons’? 

Many thanks,

TOCs are running ammended timetables with ammended diagrams, so there's little point looking on RTT which doesn't really show booked traction correctly except for ScotRail and GBRf anyway.

• Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, SVRlad said:

Many thanks,

Hi,

I believe they are quoted as being timed for a Class 158 quite often, or at least that’s what it was when I helped do some risk assessments a couple of weeks back.

Simon

1 minute ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

I believe they are quoted as being timed for a Class 158 quite often, or at least that’s what it was when I helped do some risk assessments a couple of weeks back.

Simon

Thanks Simon. I’m keen to have a ride on them when this period of chaos is over but it’s difficult anyway when the nearest points of the GWR network to you are Worcester SH or Evesham. IMHO the HSTs won’t be the same with power doors and fixed windows. :(

• RMweb Premium

Although RTT has started giving exact types for what is working certain TOC’s services I.e ScotRail & even numbers of Locomotives for GBRF services, usually what is shown is for the timing load not that is not necessarily the actual  booked traction.