Hornby 14xx and High Level Kits chassis - build diary

I am sticking my head on the block here but it may be an early Comet Components chassis, I say this as I have an old 2P chassis of theirs which is of very similar style, its of a period where the coupling rods were separate NS etches and details were a little less detailed and a bit more liberal use of brass

123.jpeg.d9a0a532c30e21738fad267f7601b41b.jpeg

• Informative/Useful 1

19 hours ago, hayfield said:

I am sticking my head on the block here but it may be an early Comet Components chassis, I say this as I have an old 2P chassis of theirs which is of very similar style, its of a period where the coupling rods were separate NS etches and details were a little less detailed and a bit more liberal use of brass

19 hours ago, hayfield said:

I am still not convinced of the make .  What I am sure about though is, it will work.  I have no coupling rods with it , or brake gear.  I will make steel rods  as I always have.  I would have made the brake gear in the past,but I have enough etched parts in my spares to do those.  

Some mentioned Kemilway a bit back. I found a kemilway gearbox in my spares box . I must find a use for that sometime. 

4 minutes ago, RobMG said:

I am still not convinced of the make .  What I am sure about though is, it will work.  I have no coupling rods with it , or brake gear.  I will make steel rods  as I always have.  I would have made the brake gear in the past,but I have enough etched parts in my spares to do those.  

Some mentioned Kemilway a bit back. I found a kemilway gearbox in my spares box . I must find a use for that sometime. 

Nothing wrong with using left over parts from other projects, or buying spares. 

• Like 1