12ft x 1ft TMD Layout

cambo74

• RMweb Gold

So whilst I spent the whole weekend working, have decided that with this impending lockdown, then what better time to build a small 12x1 TMD Layout to play trains with ....... Have had the boards made up for a long time but today have finally decided on a track plan and have commenced painting of the edges prior to track laying .....

No specific region or Era as plan to run everything from BR Blue Diesels to the latest Freightliner Orange Class 90s  ( to together obviously before anyone says .......).

Have taken a picture of the proposed track layout .....

Now just waiting for Track and Cork underlay to arrive and off we go ......

IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9042.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Ok so track arrived today and wasted no time laying it for a little play ..... not fixed as awaiting the cork sheeting to go underneath but here's a few pics from a Scottish Themed day .... the beauty of a TMD is that you can change it to model any region / era .... watch out for some up to date liveries appearing soon ......

IMG_9049.jpeg

IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9052.jpeg

IMG_9058.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg

IMG_9060.jpeg

IMG_9061.jpeg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

A bit of work on the layout today .... cork matting added and track pinned down ......

Probably won't do much for the foreseeable future as could do with boxing the layout in with a backboard and sides - need B&Q to reopen so i can sort this .........

In the meantime at least I can play trains and do more bits on my workbench thread ....

IMG_9078.jpeg

IMG_9079.jpeg

IMG_9080.jpeg

IMG_9081.jpeg

IMG_9082.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not much to report sadly as need some more wood for the backboard and with B&Q not offering the wood cutting service it leaves me stuck a bit..... will use the time to plan the scenics ..... I have the Bachmann Scenecraft Servicing Point arrived and will be ordering the Railway Laser Lines 2 Lane Depot Building when its back in stock - this should prove a nice little item to build and will certainly be taking my time with it .....

In the meantime, I took a few pics of various bits of stock on the layout - specifically some lovely Scottish Region stuff ....

IMG_9162.jpeg

IMG_9163.jpeg

IMG_9164.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Exciting news - have today ordered the Railway Laser Lines 2 Road TMD Building .... very much looking forward to this and to my first attempt at building a kit ......

Watch this space ....

Ben

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, cambo74 said:

Exciting news - have today ordered the Railway Laser Lines 2 Road TMD Building .... very much looking forward to this and to my first attempt at building a kit ......

Watch this space ....

Ben

Coming along well Ben,looking forward to some vids soon..

Only just come across this thread. And really like what you have done so far Ben. I have to admit that I also like the fact that you can run what ever era  want having a TMD layout. 

Keep the updates coming fella 

Phil 

Edited by porkie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...