Model retailers under lockdown - those still operational

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium

Monk Bar Models York.

MAIL ORDER RESUMED!

Having reviewed our procedures we are now able to resume mail order for orders placed through our website
www.monkbarmodelshop.co.uk

Please bear with as delivery times maybe longer than usual as we are operating with skeleton staff (myself!) to maintain a safe workplace.

If you have any queries, please e-mail us at
info@monkbarmodelshop.co.uk

Thanks

PS it’s not me doing the mail order.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

Still going at Eileens, Down to half staff to maintain the spirit of the isolation guidelines. Just Anita and I going to the stores. We have been working long hours and got home about 8:00 last night. Most orders up to mid afternoon were shipped, some left yesterday, some bagged to go to Royal Mail this morning.

A few orders with stock issues need sorting and will deal with them Monday, also a couple of couriers that came in too late for the pick up.

We need to spend some time trying to re-order stock and other admin actions, so are not physically going in today, The website is still open and the phone will transfer to me, if I cannot answer I will ring you back.

Normality (whatever that is) returns on Monday if we are allowed to travel to the stores.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Derek Russan said:

Still going at Eileens, Down to half staff to maintain the spirit of the isolation guidelines. Just Anita and I going to the stores. We have been working long hours and got home about 8:00 last night. Most orders up to mid afternoon were shipped, some left yesterday, some bagged to go to Royal Mail this morning.

A few orders with stock issues need sorting and will deal with them Monday, also a couple of couriers that came in too late for the pick up.

We need to spend some time trying to re-order stock and other admin actions, so are not physically going in today, The website is still open and the phone will transfer to me, if I cannot answer I will ring you back.

Normality (whatever that is) returns on Monday if we are allowed to travel to the stores.

Thank you all for your heroic efforts to maintain normal service - my order placed on Tuesday was delivered yesterday morning; if that isn't normal service I don't know what is!

Thanks again, but stay safe - if that means things take a little longer to arrive so be it.

• Agree 5

DJH is still operational.

I ordered a Highland Castle Class kit with motor and wheels from them yesterday lunchtime and it's just arrived courtesy of DPD.

For those who may be interested, they're currently doing another run of some older kits.

• Informative/Useful 2

• Moderators

Bachmann operations and retailer support -

http://news.bachmann.co.uk/2020/03/keep-calm-and-carry-on-modelling/

In line with the latest government guidance, Bachmann Europe continue to offer a service to our customers and consumers until such time that the situation changes once more.

With the majority of colleagues now working from home, those still on site at Barwell are following strict procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our entire community. Our Collectors Club and Consumer Service channels remain open and our Service Department is operational in a small way, handling consumer enquiries for spare parts, but unable to carry out repairs or servicing until further notice.

Whilst all non-essential retail premises have now been ordered to close by the government, many Bachmann stockists are still offering a mail-order service to those consumers wishing to purchase items to provide some comfort in these extraordinary times. We are pleased to share details of those stockists from whom we have received confirmation that they are currently offering a mail order service.

Modelling is a great distraction from the uncertainty of the world around us and the hobbies like ours will be a vital tool in helping the nation get through the long periods of solitude that lay ahead.
Thank you for your support, keep communicating, keep modelling and please stay safe.

2K Technologies Ltd
A2B Models
AGR Model Railway Store Ltd
Alton Model Centre
Anything Narrow Gauge
Arcadia International Models
Arcane Scenery and Models
Ashtree Enterprises
Autosport models
Baz's model shop
Broughton Newsagents Ltd
Carnforth Models
Cheltenham Models
Chris Crafts & Model Railways
Clarks Hardware
Class 37 Locomotive Group
Colletts Model Trains Ltd
Crafty Hobbies
Crewe Works
Derails Models
Digitrains Ltd
Dream Steam Limited
Durham Trains of Stanley
Emodels
FMR Scale Models Limited
Footplate
Gaugemaster Controls Plc
GMD Models
Going Loco (Wakefield)
Grimy Times Model Railways
H G Hannant Ltd
Halifax Modellers World
Hampshire Models Ltd
Hereford Model Shop
HIPPO TOYS
Hobbies Limited
Hobby Shop (Elm park)
Hobbycraft 
Jackson's Models & Railways
JD Mounsey Electrics Ltd
John Dutfield
KDC Models
Kent Garden Railways
Kernow Model Rail Centre Ltd
Kingkit
KMS Railtech Ltd
KS Models
Lan Danaire Models Ltd
Lendons
Loughborough Model Centre
M J Racing (Slotcars) Limited
Malc's Models
Mark's Models
MER Industries
Monk Bar Model Shop Ltd
Model Railway Solutions Ltd
Model Railways Direct Ltd
Model Scenery Supplies
Modelscape
Olivia's Trains
Orwell Model Railways Ltd
Osborn's Models Ltd
P & S Hobbies & Models
Peters Spares Model Railways Ltd
Pooleys Puffers
Powerpoint
Rails of Sheffield Limited
Railwania
Rhuddlan Models
Sawyer Models
Tennent Trains
The Goods Yard
The Model Centre (TMC)
The Railway Conductor Ltd
Tigertaz Models
Time Tunnel Models
Tony's Trains At Barby Model Rail Ltd
Trackshack Ltd
Trains4U Ltd
Transport Models
Trident Trains Model Shop 1508
Uddingston Model Centre
Upstairs Downstairs
Wayland Games
Wellingborough Models
West Somerset Rly
Wonderland Models

(if you are a Bachmann stockist offering this service but are not listed, please contact your Area Sales Representative and we shall be delighted to add you to the list).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Useful to know the Bachmann situation.  I have a Farish Class 37/4 that needs works attention (started sounding and running like a bag of spanners in a tumble dryer!) so I will hold off booking it in for the time being.

• Like 2

Although I did start a separate thread when we first made our decision I'll add it to this thread too.  Wicor Models closed their physical store last Saturday (21st March) and it will remain closed until the government decide it is safe for us to re-open.  We also took the decision to close our mail order side at the same time as the government's advice at the time (now to be enforced) was not to go out unless it's essential.  So I would like to thank our many regular customers, both physical and online, for their business until now and look forward to serving you all again in the not too distant future.

Stay safe everyone - Dave & Lin (Wicor Models of Portchester)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Administrators

From Nick Tozer Books:

As a 'not-for-profit' business ... I didn't intend it to be that but a depressed market has helped it become one ... I won't receive any of the financial assistance extended to other self-employed businessman and with my shop closed and shows cancelled I am reliant on mail-order to pay the bills (advertising, insurance, electricity, water rates, rent amongst others) but my shop (where my stock is housed) is three miles from my home ... how will I manage to work online divorced from my stock etc ...

After careful scutiny of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 I am assured that conducting my business behind closed doors via internet, email, text, telephone and post is legitimate and will therefore be attending my shop on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (days when I already have to travel to collect prescription meds anyway) and will be there between 11:00 and 16:00 on those days.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

From Nick Tozer Books:

After careful scutiny of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 I am assured that conducting my business behind closed doors via internet, email, text, telephone and post is legitimate and will therefore be attending my shop on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (days when I already have to travel to collect prescription meds anyway) and will be there between 11:00 and 16:00 on those days.

Link to Nick Tozer Railway Books to save people looking it up.

http://www.railwaybook.com

Well worth a browse online as he usually had a good stock at the exhibitions that he was able to frequent in the north.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Lanarkshire Models & Supplies are still doing mail order and were really quick, thank you

PDK models are also still doing mail order and are responding to emails quickly, will update on orders once placed. 

Not sure about Alan Gibson, not got as far as those parts yet. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Locoshed Model Shop in Manchester  

Latest News Monday 30th March 2020

The High Street Shop shop is currently closed to any visitors as per Government Guidelines its Mail Order Only at Present

Please, please remember we are still HERE TRADING despite the reduced Public access, try and support your local model shop where ever possible thats not just us at The Locoshed Manchester thats, all the small independent Model Shops throughout the UK before shopping with the big boys,

Its Vital please if you can share this news with your fellow Railway Modellers, so they know we are still around  if you are using Social media such as Facebook or Twitter  or RM Web  it is a fantastic thing in the right hands but in the wrong hands it can destroy a business even in a normal climate If you hear any rumors that a shop , any shop is closing down, check it out yourself  before sharing that on the web and directly contact the owner of the said business or its website , its a time for common sense, lots of it, Cheers jim   above all family matters, keep safe all of you. 

We will be there at the shop for a few hours each day to pick our phone or net orders

Tel 075904 13177 anytime  or 0161 771 0103 + Answerphone 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

and maybe worth if you see the delivery man from a safe distance to give a wave, smile and thankyou as I am sure they are all under stress and I'm sure thanks wouldn't go amiss. Certainly the ones we have had so far, not all railway items ! seem to have appreciated it.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/03/2020 at 11:26, 4630 said:

Link to Nick Tozer Railway Books to save people looking it up.

http://www.railwaybook.com

Well worth a browse online as he usually had a good stock at the exhibitions that he was able to frequent in the north.

Before I moved from Huddersfield to Swansea I used to pop in to buy books from him direct. He's a very nice chap with an amazing selection of books available to buy, I still buy books from him now instead of Amazon etc.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 27/03/2020 at 08:52, Derek Russan said:

A big thumbs up :good_mini: to Eileens Emporium.

First class service and excellent at resolving a delivery issue too, despite being very very busy with many additional orders.

Thanks Derek.

Edited by 4630
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Arcadia Models at Shaw are open for mail orders 10am-4pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday but the shop is closed to the public.  Just phone or email them if there is anything you need. 01706 882900.

Like many small businesses, Tim & Karen depend on the shop for their livelihood, so lets try and keep all our model shops in business through these difficult times.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

John Dutfield in Chelmsford are supplying by mail order, just received 50 lengths of concrete sleeper flexi track via Parcelforce. I believe they are also allowing store collection for pre-order and payment via phone. Cost a little bit more than some other outlets but important to support local outlets.

They have just done a stock take and have a diverse range of stock, including quite a lot of older items from the main manufacturers that can't be found anywhere else - worth giving them a call if you are searching for something specific that can't be found online. Definitely an Aladdins Cave as they don't list their stock online.

• Like 1

Road Transport Images are continuing to provide a mail order service on our range of 1:76 commercial and military road vehicle parts. We work from home and are using online purchase of postage and a local parcel post box to post items thus eliminating contact with post office staff.

The full range continues to be available online at:

www.roadtransportimages.com

• Informative/Useful 1

Ive had deliveries this week from Rails of Sheffiled, Track Shack and Gaugemaster. All received within a week of ordering. I had to order from more than one shop as no single shop had all the items I wanted in stock particularly peco points and metcalfe kits.