Model retailers under lockdown - those still operational

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium

I've just been cheered up by the arrival, in rural France of the tender kit I ordered 10 days ago.  We only seem to be getting post 4 days a week at the moment so this has cheered me up whilst in the middle of week 3 of lockdown.  Good service by Andy Beaton of Ragstone Models.  Whether I've got the skills to make a good job of the tender is debateable but at least I won't have to line it as it's for a 4F.

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Another week on and we are still shipping daily, and keeping well. Stock coming in from those suppliers that are still open. Running out of some items from those that are closed or have long lead times. Only a couple of days behind. We are having to put orders with shortages on hold rather than splitting them, which is time consuming and stops other orders going out. We are reserving the stock we do have for such orders. We will readdress this if and when we catch up. You will get a brief email if there is a shortage on your order. If you want us to split it please contact us and we will do our best.

The support we have had from customers has been tremendous. Thank you all for your orders and tolerance.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Although not railway related, I received a medium sized package  (just small enough to fit through my large letterbox) from Braodbeach QLD, Australia yesterday. Not bad going considering the current situation. Postage cost £3.95. Tracked as follows 

Apr 2, 2020

8:20AM LT

Delivery Office

PROCESSED AT DELIVERY TERMINAL

Apr 1, 2020

11:17PM LT

Inward MC

PROCESSED AT LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Mar 31, 2020

12:56PM LT

Outward RDC

PROCESSED AT LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Mar 30, 2020

7:05PM LT

- UNITED KINGDOM

ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION COUNTRY

12:05PM LT

LONDON - UNITED KINGDOM

CLEARED CUSTOMS

Mar 27, 2020

2:15PM AEDT

Sydney, AU

PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN

Mar 26, 2020

7:52AM AEDT

Sydney, AU

PROCESSED

5:27AM AEDT

Sydney, AU

PACKAGE RECEIVED AT DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Mar 23, 2020

P

1:20PM LT

BROADBEACH, AU

PICKED UP BY SHIPPING PARTNER

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Another update from rural Charente Maritime. The nice surprise from the pistie today was thd fencing that I ordered from Poppys Woodtech at the samd time as the tender. Now I've no excuse not to get the brewery storyard sorted out.

Jamie

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

nice surprise from the pistie today

Officer Crabtree found a new role after VE Day.

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Only if the pistie was p!ssing by the bonk?

Mike.

Funny you should say that.  We have a rather poshly spoken, though very nice,  Brit couple in the village called Banks.  Of course our delightful Mayor, Helene, refers to the as M et Mme Bonks.  I struggle to keep a straight face.

Jamie

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Funny you should say that.  We have a rather poshly spoken, though very nice,  Brit couple in the village called Banks.  Of course our delightful Mayor, Helene, refers to the as M et Mme Bonks.  I struggle to keep a straight face.

Jamie

Does Helene come from the Black Country?

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, petethemole said:

Does Helene come from the Black Country?

Definitely not. She's stepping down this year and comes from one of the three old farming families who've just captured all 7 seats on the new council. The successful ones include her daughter and son in law. Troublevus they can't meet to sort out whose going to be the next mayor.  Anyway better stop these comments as I'm going a bit OT.

Jamie

• Like 2

Guest Half-full
5 hours ago, bart2day said:

Anyone know if Monkbar model shop as still trading? Been trying to place an order through their website for days but it keeps on coming up saying they are doing maintenance.

Website is working fine for me

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, bart2day said:

Anyone know if Monkbar model shop as still trading? Been trying to place an order through their website for days but it keeps on coming up saying they are doing maintenance.

I saw a post, I think on facebook that they are now trading by mail order only.  It might be worth emailing them or giving them a ring.

Jamie

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, bart2day said:

Yes the shop is still open for mail order, Andy M is going in to clear any orders.

http://monkbarmodelshop.co.uk/

Seems to work OK for me, I could put stuff in my basket etc.

if you continue to have problems the email is 

info@monkbarmodelshop.co.uk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi All,

Trust you are keeping as well as you can under the current lockdown.

DCC Concepts are still trading via online and telephone orders.

Please bear with us if your order takes a little longer as we are operating under minimal staff levels and in accordance with distancing/isolation policies.

Note: we will be closed over the forthcoming Easter Weekend.

Keep modelling.

The DCC Concepts Team

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Not long before the current situation arose, I decided to make a return to model railways after a lapse of over forty five years, and started construction of an 'N' gauge layout using Peco code 55 finescale trackwork. I'd already bought what I thought would be sufficient stock, but now find myself short of 5 yards of flexible track. With all model shops in my area (South and West Yorkshire) being closed, mail order was my next option. This morning, I've tried Rails of Sheffield (no stock), 2K Technologies at Hipperholme (no answer), Frizinghall at Bradford (no answer) and Hattons (no stock). So, now I'm desperate! Does anyone know where I might get hold of some, bearing in mind that some dealers will only send full packs of thirty lengths by post)?

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, fodenway said:

Not long before the current situation arose, I decided to make a return to model railways after a lapse of over forty five years, and started construction of an 'N' gauge layout using Peco code 55 finescale trackwork. I'd already bought what I thought would be sufficient stock, but now find myself short of 5 yards of flexible track. With all model shops in my area (South and West Yorkshire) being closed, mail order was my next option. This morning, I've tried Rails of Sheffield (no stock), 2K Technologies at Hipperholme (no answer), Frizinghall at Bradford (no answer) and Hattons (no stock). So, now I'm desperate! Does anyone know where I might get hold of some, bearing in mind that some dealers will only send full packs of thirty lengths by post)?

Arcadia have stock and will ship 5 lengths, shipping cost quite high though.  Call Tim on 01706 882 900

Edited by dhjgreen

• RMweb Gold

Almost a fortnight on from our last post on this topic and we are still very much open and still shipping books from our own range and also from Irwell Press and The Transport Treasury from our warehouse, if you look on our website we are also offering big incentive discounts so you will still have plenty to read. So take a note of our website as we have over two hundred railway titles in stock, many with heavy reductions if you take advantage of our offers just now.

www.strathwood.co.uk

pencil-clipart-47.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, fodenway said:

Try ringing Arcadia Models at Shaw.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, fodenway said:

Hereford Model Centre have the track in stock too, 15 lengths rather than 30:

http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=440_442_459_462_465&products_id=6387

again, postage costs are a consideration but if needs must!

all the best,

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Brassmasters are in business - order processed within a couple of hours of contact, and posting tomorrow.

(I didn't see anything about them when I looked on here a couple of days ago - apologies if there's been something.) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Prompt receipt today of Alan Gibson and Cambrian Kits orders, for which thanks to the businesses concerned.

Paul Tasker (Prickley Pear) also accepting orders. 

EDIT: Lanarkshire Models promptly confirmed dispatch of an order today.

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 1