Model retailers under lockdown - those still operational

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Top service from richard at trident trains, Nantwich, needed some lengths of flexi track, ordered over the phone and delivered today

he’s next open for mail order wed-fri next week, he still has peco stuff such as track and fishplates etc but as they are not open For him to reorder stocks are starting to get low but he does have most stuff in, I suggest panic buying and hoarding of peco items immediately, that always helps!

disclaimer: do not attempt to wipe your bum with a length of code 75 track!

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 18/04/2020 at 00:13, big jim said:

Top service from richard at trident trains, Nantwich, needed some lengths of flexi track, ordered over the phone and delivered today

he’s next open for mail order wed-fri next week, he still has peco stuff such as track and fishplates etc but as they are not open For him to reorder stocks are starting to get low but he does have most stuff in, I suggest panic buying and hoarding of peco items immediately, that always helps!

disclaimer: do not attempt to wipe your bum with a length of code 75 track!

Glad to know he still has Peco in stock.

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Funny 2

Guest WM183

Modelling is keeping most of us sane these days.  Thanks so much to you retailers and manufacturers for giving us this. 

1 hour ago, WM183 said:

Modelling is keeping most of us sane these days.  Thanks so much to you retailers and manufacturers for giving us this. 

In many respects, we're family run businesses who are able to operate at low risk. Footplate will keep going for as long as we can... 

Note: Peco items starting to get low, but still a healthy range in stock. 20% off too. 

BW

Rich

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

"Essential" modelling supplies received from TMC, Kernow and The Hobby Shop (Faversham), big thumbs up from me, terrific service from all 3, thank you to those concerned, and of course to those delivering the stuff to my door in these testing times.

cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tractionman said:

"Essential" modelling supplies received from TMC, Kernow and The Hobby Shop (Faversham), big thumbs up from me, terrific service from all 3, thank you to those concerned, and of course to those delivering the stuff to my door in these testing times.

cheers,

Keith

Your main point is that the suppliers have the stock and get it to the courier in a reasonable timescale.

What the courier then does with said package is then outside the hands of the supplier and entirely at the whim of the courier.

Another week on and still going strong. With at least three more weeks of lockdown, we will keep doing what we are doing.

Thank you to all customers who have thanked us for getting their products to them in these difficult times.

We will continue our policy of not answering the phone as the lack or interruption means we can ship far more orders, we are managing to respond to most voicemails and emails same day. We are asking all customers to contact via email wherever possible. A reminder we are not taking any orders other than via the website, again to speed up the process.

As we anticipated we are currently running about 1 week behind. We are currently in the middle of processing orders from 12th April. If your order is older than that and still showing as Awaiting Picking it will be in a small pile of orders that are waiting for deliveries in the next day or two. If marked shipped, that means we have processed the order. If we process a Courier order after about 2:00pm it will not actually leave us until the next working day. The same applies to Royal Mail orders processed after about 3:30pm. We are seeing a small number of courier deliveries taking an extra day, and Royal Mail seem to be holding up well. If marked "Problem, Stock Availability" you should have received 2 emails, one is automated to show change of status, the other will give more detail as to why and where possible offer options.

We have just received some Modelu and some Cambrian kits. We are expecting deliveries within a couple days of flux (which comes as a pleasant surprise), small hand tools, sheet metal, imperial metal rods, metric strips and sections.

Cambrian will continue to arrive as production catches up. The only real issue is that the Herring kit (C110) is now out of production indefinitely as there is damage to the tool.

We are in the process of adding all the recent releases from Modelu to our website, but time is at a premium as you can imagine.

The greatest hold up is Peco, who told us a few days ago, before the lock down was extended, that they were trying to re-open the factory first to replenish stocks. Then resume trade sales in around 2 to 3 weeks. So currently we have no 0 gauge kits in stock and are low on much of the Ratio 00 range. We do still have most of the Wills sheets in stock. If you want to check stock before you order please email, we will try to get back next working day, but please remember someone else may have ordered it in the meantime.

We have stocks of most Gibson wheels after a delivery a few days ago, we cleared virtually all back orders but some ran out next day. Demand is however much greater than anticipated and overtaken our planning. We have deliveries due in about a month and more to follow.

So now on recovery and admin time over the weekend and back to the works on Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Recently purchased Sound Class158 from Arcadia ,Shaw ordered Friday arrived Saturday, less than 24 hour service, Tim is very friendly and helpful, he has an extensive range of UK locos 00 and N,Lots of HO and also 0 and G gauge.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Looks like time to panic buy Peco items!!

I did buy 50 yards of concrete flexi at the start of lockdown but nearly all has been used...

Thanks to everyone keeping the show on the road running their businesses as best they can.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Airbrushes.com are still doing mail order for paint, airbrushes etc.  but its naturally taking longer than normal to get your order to you - still pretty quick though.  Their service and repairs department are currently closed.

I’ve no connection, just a happy customer.

• Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, Trains4U said:

We sold the last packets of PECO SL-10 rail joiners online yesterday...

Stock of points is a bit thin, but we still have a reasonable stock of wills and ratio.

Chuffed you still had some code 100 flexi in. Ordered some :)

On 20/04/2020 at 11:02, ruggedpeak said:

Looks like time to panic buy Peco items!!

I did buy 50 yards of concrete flexi at the start of lockdown but nearly all has been used...

Thanks to everyone keeping the show on the road running their businesses as best they can.

Footplate still have a large stock of SL-102... :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/04/2020 at 20:50, Derails Models said:

We're getting a few delays from Royal Mail and DPD but we know and understand that they, like us, are trying their absolute hardest to keep things running and we salute them for it (and of course that extends to all key workers, I must emphasise).

Well, I per-picked up a Peckett the other day thanks to Derails and Royal Mail and it arrived quickly, so many thanks to Dan and the team for their superb service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I ordered a few bit and bobs from Squires yesterday at about 10.00

They arrived by Royal Mail before 10.00 this morning and post free as I spent over a £10

As ever a brilliant service from Roger and all at Squires 

Terry 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/04/2020 at 07:24, acg5324 said:

Yes the shop is still open for mail order, Andy M is going in to clear any orders.

http://monkbarmodelshop.co.uk/

Seems to work OK for me, I could put stuff in my basket etc.

if you continue to have problems the email is 

info@monkbarmodelshop.co.uk

Thanks to Monk Bar, and Royal Mail, a Wills / Peco kit ordered on Sunday evening has just been delivered, on the other side of York.  Well done & many thanks to all concerned.

• Like 2

A heads up that although Bachmann have chosen to exclude us from their list of traders still operating a mail order service, C&M Models in Carlisle will be more than happy to deal with your order. 

We can be phoned on 01228 514 689 between 10a.m. and 1p.m. on our normal opening days; e-mail at sales@candmmodels.co.uk , or online orders through our website (address below)

(We are excluded because we are unable to guarantee we can accept deliveries)

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 87029 said:

(We are excluded because we are unable to guarantee we can accept deliveries)

A tad harsh given current circumstances.

• Agree 7