Model retailers under lockdown - those still operational

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium

Supplies arrived from Monk Bar Models, York today. Only posted yesterday excellent stuff. I will declare an interest as I would normally be working there. just Andy M doing mail order now.

Parcel also arrived from Hattons ordered at the weekend, items I’d already cleared out at Monk Bar.

Parcel also arrived from Make it Build it yesterday, ordered at the weekend.

Super quick delivery from the Royal Mail, Hermes and UPS.

• Like 2

Generally good to hear about all of these fast deliveries.

Whilst getting the goods to the couriers is usually handled fairly quickly by the vendor, what happens once it leaves their premises is down to the courier and most of them are currently also suffering from increased work load!

94559725_3206187992773251_91762412518868

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Having trawled 37 different model shop websites tonight I have reached a dead end. 

I am desperately after five more packs of Peco PL-80s, having already got two packs from Digitrains and three on order from Locoshed. 

if anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be extremely appreciative. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

35 minutes ago, 50002Superb said:

Having trawled 37 different model shop websites tonight I have reached a dead end. 

I am desperately after five more packs of Peco PL-80s, having already got two packs from Digitrains and three on order from Locoshed. 

if anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be extremely appreciative. 

With Peco still seemingly in hibernation, don't hold your breath!

Edited by JohnDMJ

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, 50002Superb said:

No idea who these folk are, but they claim to have some in stock:-

https://www.modelmaniacs.co.uk/product/peco-pl-80-power-feed-joiners-code-100-and-code-124-rail/

• RMweb Premium

Looking for some N scale track as I am down to the last scraps of off cuts cobbled together in a fiddle yard extension, there really isn't much about unless I split an order across multiple retailers of what scant pickings can be found on Ebay where with multiple orders comes multiple lots of in many cases rather extortionate postage.

• Friendly/supportive 1

14 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

A bit of good news

PECO are to resume processing trade orders from the 4th May.

I ponder if Star Wars day has any significance (other than just being a Monday)?

Edited by JohnDMJ

12 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

No idea who these folk are, but they claim to have some in stock:-

https://www.modelmaniacs.co.uk/product/peco-pl-80-power-feed-joiners-code-100-and-code-124-rail/

Just had a very prompt email response from them, which is nice saying that they don’t have any in stock. 

I then went on their website again which contradicts that. I’ve had a similar experience with Curry’s, having purchased a freezer for my father to find out they actually didn’t have it in stock, two weeks later! I cancelled the order on the spot and found another straight away but it’s misleading to take a customers money claiming items are in stock when they are not. 

2 hours ago, Trains4U said:

A bit of good news

The bad news is they are low on stock and have been for a while, I have a customer who wants 20 PL11s but despite ordering 3 times in a month none arrived.  Unfortunately for us we are unable to travel to the shop because of the lockdown and I'm guessing he will have sourced them from elsewhere.  It's a good job Peco aren't holding back orders.

14 hours ago, Trains4U said:

A bit of good news

Thank goodness for that. I was looking for some PL-10 fishplates and couldn't find any. Looking on ebay reveals some model shops trying to charge well over a tenner a pack. One of which I used to use on a regular basis for ebay purchases. Not anymore. Same goes for the shops who tried ripping people off with a single bog roll for a quid or hand gel for a tenner a bottle.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Thank goodness for that. I was looking for some PL-10 fishplates and couldn't find any. Looking on ebay reveals some model shops trying to charge well over a tenner a pack. One of which I used to use on a regular basis for ebay purchases. Not anymore. Same goes for the shops who tried ripping people off with a single bog roll for a quid or hand gel for a tenner a bottle.

Aren't PL-10s point motors? Code 100 rail joiners are SL-10s.

10 hours ago, meatloaf said:

If you haven't got any yet dm me and I'll pop a packet in the post tomorrow when I go over to the shop.

We have decided the time has come to "rebel" against this lockdown and re-open the website for mail order only.  We will be picking and packing on Tuesdays and the packages will be despatched on a Wednesday.  Apolgies for the very limited service we can provide but until we are allowed to travel on a regular basis again this probably the best we can do.

Edited by Wicor-Models