OO Works announce LSWR '0330' Class Saddletank

PrestburyJack

18 hours ago, ovbulleid said:

Has anyone taken a look ‘under the bonnet’ to see if the fitting of DCC (or even sound) would be possible?

As in my post above This link will take you to my blog where i have re-done the chassis with a highlevel gearbox

https://cpineroad.blogspot.com/2020/08/00-works-class-330.html

It will show you the amount of room there is but bear in mind that it is a live chassis ie: wheels insulated on one side only, so probably not good for DCC.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...

It is quite easy to fit a DCC decoder into the OO Works 0330, when I converted mine I used a Gaugemaster DCC 22 decoder though there was room for a larger decoder, it took me less than 10 minutes from start to finish to fit the DCC decoder, the loco had been run in for at least a couple of hours in each direction on a rolling road and had no problems mine ran well at slow speeds on DC, and even slower on DCC I have also set it to have a maximum speed of 25mph. 

As a footnote all OO Works locos up to the ex L&SWR  D15 4-4-0 had Marshima motors, the D15 was the first loco to feature a coreless motor the change was due to the Marshima motors being discontinued.  

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2020 at 09:22, mdvle said:

Doing a Google search brings up this image from Flickr (link https://www.flickr.com/photos/70607220@N04/29445343228 )

What Where and When?

While the image doesn't show the 0330 very well, it is (per the Flickr description) the Kent & East Sussex Railway sometime after May 1932.

Now while those coaches are likely problematic, the Hattons Genesis coaches could be more than acceptable substitutes for a small layout.

I have been working on 3D printed coaches for various railways under Colonel Stephens , and as a member of the Colonel Stephen society have had quite a bit of help and positive response

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com/3D-printing/passenger-stock-lt/3d_printed_WCPR_Small_Railcar.htm

It is partly thanks to Colonel Stephens that some old coaches survived long enough for those interested enough to record them . Just a pity the 2 ex Royal coaches(one in the photo) did not survive.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 13/09/2020 at 22:21, rue_d_etropal said:

I have been working on 3D printed coaches for various railways under Colonel Stephens , and as a member of the Colonel Stephen society have had quite a bit of help and positive response

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com/3D-printing/passenger-stock-lt/3d_printed_WCPR_Small_Railcar.htm

It is partly thanks to Colonel Stephens that some old coaches survived long enough for those interested enough to record them . Just a pity the 2 ex Royal coaches(one in the photo) did not survive.

Very interesting. Concerning the KESR no.15 ex NLR  luggage break, I believe KESR no.14 was the same before it was transferred to the EKR to become their no.2 in 1912/13.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if he has prepared an EKR sample yet. I am to curious to know if it will be green (incorrect for original ex LSWR loco condition but correct for later all new design smoke box condition) or black (what she had).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In 1876 when the L&SWR purchased the 330 saddle tanks from Bayer Peacock the L&SWR was using this colour as it's livery, as delivered the class had Bayer Peacock copper capped chimneys these were later changed to stovepipe chimneys, as delivered unlikely they would have had vacuum brakes as the L&SWR adopted the Vacuum Brake some time after these loco's were supplied, I am not sure if was when William Adams  was in charge (he had been brought in to sort out the W.G. Beattie disasters), or Drummond I think it was under the latter that both steam heat and vacuum breaking were introduced, only a hand full of this class were fitted with vacuum brakes. 

The models came from the manufacturer in this colour they were never advertised as being available in  L&SWR Beattie livery, I do not know if they were a livery test (there would probably only be 1) then not proceeded with as how many people model the L&SWR as it was in the 1870's or a special commission that was not collected.

I am very pleased with the models and will be used on a Light Railway layout I am building.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1