Cambridge Custom Transfers - Temporary Closure

cctransuk

Hi John

Just wanted to say thank you for sending out my order, that arrived this morning - catfish, herring, prestwin and Cambrian kits S2B/C sheets. I wasn't expecting it, in view of your understandable decision, as I only posted my order with cheque, last Sunday.

Please take care of yourselves and I expect to be in touch once we are through this. Many thanks again and best wishes to you and your wife.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sounds like a sensible decision John, you and Mrs cctrans uk are more important; we'll all (hopefully) still be here making unreasonable demands on you when the dust settles.  Take care, stay safe, enjoy the enforced break as much as you can, good modelling, and all the best.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Withs all this spare time you've got John, you could be converting the yellow departmental transfers to white!!!!

Mike.

Nah - too much modelling to do.

I do provide white departmental transfers - but only for those wagons which were introduced, from new, in Gulf Red livery; as per prototype.

David Larkin copied the Derby wagon building records which include, in most cases, the livery and lettering colours, as well as the original allocation lettering.

My transfer list relies heavily on these records, so white lettering for black wagons does not feature. I am well aware that repaints very often had white lettering, but rarely in the original lettering style / layout. Since there are no records of this, other than photos of individual wagons, it is not possible to produce sheets of authentic transfers for these later liveries.

Sorry, but my range of authentic as-introduced transfers will have to suffice - others offer bespoke transfers if these are required.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Friendly/supportive 3