If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello there.

jeff_p

Hello all,

New to the forum, though I've been a member of other forums over the years (both modelling and other interests).  Not new to model railways, but only lately got more seriously back into it.  I'm now trying to take a step forward and up on this front now that time is more readily available (not actually a result of the recent difficulties) and I have the capacity to take on a long term project.

My interests are primarily Southern '20s and '30s in 00, though the wife likes any big steam engine, preferably blue (definitely not green).  As well as a layout, I have a couple of engine kits I need to build along with some other bits and pieces. Being a bit of computer person (it did pay the bills) I've also enjoyed digging into DCC and the potential this offers through the like of JMRI etc.

I suppose I ought to say more, but I'm not sure what would be useful or interesting to know?

Cheers,

Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Welcome Jeff. You will find that while Southern modelling isn't the most numerous of the Big Four, the quality balances that a little. A number of us have layouts at various stages of completion, while Southern prototype pics may be found here and there. https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/153-southern-railway-group/ will help you find Southern content. 

Presumably you also know of the Southern Email Group http://www.semgonline.com/?LMCL=M9IZZh which has a rich store of data and pics.

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I am looking forward to digging into the archives and collective wisdom of RMweb but I'm also fairly sure I'll be a good source of silly questions as time goes by.

Jeff.