Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Postal charges go up.....

soony

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Blooming cheeky taking of the mickey to bung postage prices up with everything that is going on I feel.

They haven't gone up for 12 months, the last price change was the 25th March 2019.

What should they do, run at a loss?

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Blooming cheeky taking of the mickey to bung postage prices up with everything that is going on I feel.

Royal Mail should take a leaf from An Post (Irish postal system).  They were due to increase postage rates as of last week but as a result of the current situation this has been postponed.    Also An Post are going to give every household two free 'post-paid' post cards to help people to keep in touch with their loved ones, friends and family.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, irishmail said:

Royal Mail should take a leaf from An Post (Irish postal system).  They were due to increase postage rates as of last week but as a result of the current situation this has been postponed.    Also An Post are going to give every household two free 'post-paid' post cards to help people to keep in touch with their loved ones, friends and family.

All very good if you can afford it.

For 2019 there were 95,013 'Households' in the ROI

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp1hii/cp1hii/od/

For the UK there were 27.6Million.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/families

• RMweb Premium

I was a postie from 2001 to 2016, when I was medically retired due to my increasingly dodgy knees.

When I joined it was a service and when Ieft it was a business.

I'm glad I'm out of it and when I meet former colleagues they tell me I was lucky to get out when I did.