Dapol temporary shut down

Welsh Signaller

Dapol have announced as of this evening they are closing for three weeks in light of the Prime Minsters instructions to the nation last night.

Im sure you’ll join me in wishing the team at Dapol a safe period, and look forward to getting the country back in track together when they return,

All the best guys, Marc @ MonBank Model Railway Centre 

73AEB2C3-88CD-440F-9965-FBDD605B5856.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold

Given my recent comments about the quality of a Dapol BR steel open, a HD via Wrenn derived model, let me be the first to offer best wishes to everybody at Dapol; stay safe. stay healthy, and stay home, we want you all back in good fettle when the dust settles!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Agreed! Joel has made the wisest decision in the circumstances. Although I will have to wait for the special offers I ordered, I would rather all the staff at Chirk are home and safe. Be safe and sensible guys and gals and we look forward to business as usual when the restrictions are over.

Cheers,

Ged.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Given my recent comments about the quality of a Dapol BR steel open, a HD via Wrenn derived model, let me be the first to offer best wishes to everybody at Dapol; stay safe. stay healthy, and stay home, we want you all back in good fettle when the dust settles!

There you go, Johnster! Now see what you've done!

For those with hard of hearing..... Joke!

• Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/04/2020 at 23:51, CUCKOO LINE said:

Let's hope they get some nice new stock in !

That depends on their suppliers still being at work, and ports accepting shipping - neither of which is a given at the moment....

Les

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Les1952 said:

That depends on their suppliers still being at work, and ports accepting shipping - neither of which is a given at the moment....

Les

Judging by the rate at which northbound container ships are being dealt with at Felixstowe at present plus those definitely enroute from China to the UK I would suggest that the merchant shipping situation is very rapidly becoming a given at present (if it hasn't already got there).  The question of Chinese factories is rather different and obvu ioiusly they have gne back to work very much later than normal after CNY and the movement of labour has been very much affected by the lockdown in China.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Talking to a friend who is involved with pathing trains up the WCML, ships are docking this week and containers need to move. Unless they are empty then a lot of Chinese production is back in business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2