Posted (edited)

A thought suddenly came up in my head: What if i made a new layout based on this?

I wanted to keep the run-around and I liked the engine shed over the platform idea so i kept that. I drew up several plans and when i looked at one, my mind suddenly thought: 

"What about Pickering." 

Pickering has two platforms, a run-around and a roof and it is one of my favourite railway stations. Perfect!

Edited by 6990WitherslackHall
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

The layout is going to be in OO gauge (1:76). I have made a word document which is saved on a memory stick which contains pics of the station and signage. I am also going to use Google Maps to try and get the position of the track right.

Edited by 6990WitherslackHall
  • Like 2

Pickering pics.docx

I have made a word document with pics of the station to help me. i have also made another one with signs located in the station.

i am making the trackplan on TRAX with the help of google maps. I need to get the position of the shed right.

Posted (edited)

Looks like a very similar idea could be based on Alston too!

Edited by Bowes1826
  • Like 1

On 30/03/2020 at 14:28, Bowes1826 said:

Looks like a very similar idea could be based on Alston too!

That is actually a good idea. It did used to have a standard gauge line running through it. (It was the terminus of the Alston Line which ran from the junction at Haltwhistle) Now it has a 2 ft (610 mm) gauge railway running through it that operates as the South Tynedale Railway.

As a layout, if it was set in BR Steam days, You can get locomotives, DMUs and rolling stock which are both ready to run and kits in O, OO and N gauge which can easily be renumbered and renamed. If you wanted to do it as it is now, (S.T.R), it is do-able, but i'm not too sure about how you would represent the locomotive and rolling stock.