Class 47 47401 to 47420 sound

PM47079

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, PM47079 said:

Does anyone do a specific sound chip for these locos? I am especially interested if they have the distinctive electric fan noise this batch had. 

And they speed up when you put the ETH on

I have a TTS decoder in my 47401 and the fan sound is quite pronounced. I wouldn’t know if it was electric or steam driven.

I have suggested that Hornby post their sounds on the model product page so folk can listen to them but very few such examples exist to date. Certainly not the 47 which is only available as a retro kit on pre-order at present.

Edit - see Richard Crofts post March 14 here - ignore the picture below as the link to the page has grabbed the first post. Just go to the page and scroll to his last post of the day.

Edited by RAF96
Link to Class 47 sound test page.
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, RAF96 said:

I have a TTS decoder in my 47401 and the fan sound is quite pronounced. I wouldn’t know if it was electric or steam driven.

I have suggested that Hornby post their sounds on the model product page so folk can listen to them but very few such examples exist to date. Certainly not the 47 which is only available as a retro kit on pre-order at present.

Edit - see Richard Crofts post March 14 here - ignore the picture below as the link to the page has grabbed the first post. Just go to the page and scroll to his last post of the day.

The first twenty 47s have electric fans rather than hydrostatic on the rest, they are quite distinctive and not on the TTS chip 

Good news! I have a high quality recording of the fan of 47401 and this was a feature of my v4 version of the 47/4. On that, you could choose between a normal fan or the much louder electric fan from 47401 just by setting CV48 (0 normal, 1 for electric). I must admit it’s a feature I had forgotten all about until I read this post. I’m just in the process of adding the feature to my more recent ETH 47 sound project (referred to as the Mid Norfolk to differentiate it from my earlier one). Again this will be user-selectable via CV (CV155 this time as it’s a v5 chip). 

Bif

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, beejack said:

I did a video 4 years ago showing the different sounds on the TTS class 47401 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-M0lBzaJfY

The fan on that is a hydrostatic one not an electric one.

I have a TTS chip in a Bachmann 47 it has a really irritating straight air release where it is done in stages for some reason not like how its released 90 percent of the time in one go 

• RMweb Gold
On 26/03/2020 at 20:31, russ p said:

The fan on that is a hydrostatic one not an electric one.

I have a TTS chip in a Bachmann 47 it has a really irritating straight air release where it is done in stages for some reason not like how its released 90 percent of the time in one go 

Thats a quirk of tts chips russ, if you go to a low speedstep a bug causes the brake release to play twice...

Edited by pheaton
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, pheaton said:

Thats a quirk of tts chips russ, if you go to a low speedstep a bug causes the brake release to play twice...

You need the CV3 accel set at 15 to get the brake release to play correctly. Same for cylinder blow down on steamers.

• Informative/Useful 1