The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Haircuts

spikey

We discussed this on our work team call earlier,  seemed to be a mix of just accept long hair for the period or resort to home haircuts for those with clippers. I had mine cut by barber 2 weeks ago so will tough it out for the next 6 weeks, my son needs his doing really so will probably get clipped with a grade 4 all over.

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

Gradually get to look like a 60s hippy.  

I might end up looking like a hippy in my 60s....

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Be one of the cool kids. :sungum:

However I can assure you that unless you are sleeping in a growbag then I doubt you'll have anything significant length wise even after a few months. Needing to get your hair cut every few weeks is a myth perpetuated by barbers and hairdressers to make money.

Jason

Agreed - I usually get mine done about once every 4-6 months, and don't tend to look too wild in between.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I have a couple of these. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LN-Hair-Trimmer-Cutter-Holder-Comb-Barber-Blade-Razor-Hairdressing-Cutting-To/323874633774?hash=item4b686eb82e:g:RH0AAOSwB3Jc-8q1

I do the parts I can see, and bribe the wife to trim the back. 

Mine takes a couple of razor blades, but these versions might be slightly different. 

I got mine done week ago Monday just before the self-isolation kicked in.  If I hadn't I'd have been scaring old ladies and small children, not that I see many of them these days....................

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

It's times like this we really miss Ronco and K-Tel.  I think they both had hair trimming products?

I got a set of trimmers from Aldi a few years ago but the only part I've used is the nose hair one.  If the hair on my head grew as prolifically as those up my hooter (and ears!) I'd be the barber's best customer.  Depending on how long all this continues I may fit the No. 3 comb to the main trimmer and give myself a going over with it.  I had a No. 2 a few years ago and I reckon it was a bit to short!

• RMweb Premium

At least by the time I get mine cut again,

they should be a bit more obvious.

The barber may not have to spend as much time

looking for them. I may not have to pay extra

for the search fee

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

My wife has a butchers at my hair every now and again - it ensures I will be self isolating for at least two weeks!

Kev.

• Funny 2