paint equivalent chart

• RMweb Gold

I realise in your case this is not a totally relevant comment as you can't identify the colour in the first place, but I wouldn't get too hung up about getting an exact match, allowing for natural fading and weathering the initial colour doesn't remain true for very long. Taking mineral wagons as an example, I have many paints which, although they are shades of BR grey, aren't actually the "proper" Humbrol/Precision/Railmatch equivalents.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

To develop the concept a tad further, you could look up the RAL/BS/Pantone reference numbers for the colours you require and cross reference them throughout the various paint manufacturers, then you don't need to actually "see" the colours for yourself.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, peak experience said:

Greys i dont have a problem with - it's generally browns/greens and reds that I cant tell apart. I often mistake greens for browns, reds for browns, oranges for reds etc. I don't want green wagons when they should be brown, I'll get laughed at if I posted photos here :D

this i can relate to as I'm colour blind.

I used to be completely baffled on the dot test when the colours were red/brown and green and i had to say the number, I'd guess and say 3 but the option would tell me it was 99 and i could not see it at all.:unsure::lol:

Edited by rka

On 29/03/2020 at 18:24, rka said:

this i can relate to as I'm colour blind.

I used to be completely baffled on the dot test when the colours were red/brown and green and i had to say the number, I'd guess and say 3 but the option would tell me it was 99 and i could not see it at all.:unsure::lol:

yes it's a bane of my life.